Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Raptor 350 with roughly 6-8 hours on it won't start. I have completely babied this thing since I bought it. It has not seen any kind of harsh conditions and the most water that has come in contact with it is when it gets washed. I usually don't start it during the week. Come weekend, I crank it up and ride. It cranks up first try and then usually dies. After about 2 or 3 pulls it stays running fine. Last Sunday it died on me during deacceleration. Didn't think much of it. Got it home, started up fine taking it off the trailer and I haven't touched it until today. Same thing today, it started up first crank, I played with the choke a little bit and feathered the throttle. It died as usual and when I attempted to crank it back up...nothing. It is a complete dead-head. It sputters and tries to turn over but doesn't even come close to cranking up. Tried full choke, half choke, and playing with the throttle during the process. I am at a loss. I plan on bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow but I don't see why the hell I am having problems this early on.

I have built and worked on cars my entire life but when it comes to small engines I have no patience. I imagine it is carb/fuel related but I'm not sure where to start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
85 Posts
that sounds similar to what mine did, try running it with the gas on reserve, what happened on mine is that if you had the gas turned on, it wouldn't get any gas, so now i just leave it on reserve untill i have the money to fix it :/

·
Registered
403 Posts
i work on small engiens and you might have a ingetion failer or a short in ur wiring just saying..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, either one of those things could be the source of the problem. No matter what is wrong with it, the dealer is not going to charge me. The damn thing only has 6 hours on it. When I brought it in this morning, the technician fired it right up. But then it did the same thing, died and wouldn't turn back over at all.

I took it to the dealer where I bought it, first thing this morning. They didn't even get to it today nor did they call me. And I have heard horrible things about them after reading some reviews online. I may just go pick it up tomorrow and take it the yamaha dealer out in the country. They seem nice and knowledgable.

Off topic; is it a requirement to have a bad attitude to work at an ATV dealership? I have been to 3 different ones recently and everyone acts like zombies. Find a new job people if you're that miserable getting to sell and work on cool toys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts