Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post .Hello everyone. I recently bought a 2005 raptor. I put on new calipers front and rear with ebc pads. Fronts are installed and working great. The rear caliper is blead and pushing the piston out. It seems like the pad that rests on the piston is not sliding. I greased the pins and changed the spring clip . Holding the caliper and pressing the foot brake it works. Holding it on the rotor it works. When i bolt it on it is not working. When i press the brake the outer pad moves and you can see it flex the galfer rotor. It has asv levers and all parking brake stuff is removed . Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. Thanks.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looks like the hub for your rotor is wore out/loose. That or the rotor is loose. The rotor shouldn't move when you press the brake.

·
Master of the Electron
15,729 Posts
Strange... but the camera angle makes it look like the inside brake pad is missing and that would explain the apparent bending of the rotor. Is it there?

Line Eyelash Font Automotive design Rim

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Both pads were in the caliper. The rotor was not loose. I reinstalled the old caliper and now it works. As far as i can tell the new caliper had the 6mm hex on the side (next to the fluid zerk) cranked down crazy tight. It was not allowing the caliper to move freely. This whole project started doing routine service. The last person to do the brakes didn`t use anti seize. Both front sides stripped the pad bolts. I ordered a caliper set. The only reason i was messing with the back is the kit included the rear caliper. Thanks for the suggestions. How tight should the caliper be? Both bolts are tight but i can wiggle the caliper a little bit. The 6mm hex is where the play is. Thanks again.

·
Master of the Electron
15,729 Posts
Caliper should be able to move toward and away from the rotor...

Make sure the parking brake adjustment bolt (directly behind the piston) is loose to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts