Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a new ful lset of skid plates for my rappy and i came across a full set of armadillos for 269.99. Is this a good price. Its on sale right now. Also, ive heard or PRM and Ricochet are good too. But i have that Armadillo offer right now and am thinkin of taking it. what do you think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got on Rocky Mountain ATV-MC website and i priced all three armadillos at 266.97 with free shipping. i may go with that instead.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Just make sure you go with the thickest set for the rear skid as it takes the most abuse. .190 for rear and .160 for the rest IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just make sure you go with the thickest set for the rear skid as it takes the most abuse. .190 for rear and .160 for the rest IMO.
Thanks for the input. I ended up getting the Armadillos. They are .25" for the swing arm and .19" for the others. There pretty good from what i hear.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Cool man, you should be happy with them!

·
Registered
415 Posts
just ordered the same set. well after tryin the tusk chassis skid, junk btw so it got sent back. you may need to space it away from the sprocket side. mine was touching the chain and spocket on the back side of it. tossed a washer on under it and loctited that thing on. also may be a good idea to pick up some foam tape, or some rubber strips to stop the chassis skid from vibrating where it hits the frame. i know i'm am! more so because i just rebuilt mine and want to make sure it sounds ok. i'd be pullin it apart if i heard the skid rattlin. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts