Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new skids today and i am a little disappointed. the tusk line of products is usually low on price, high on quality. their chassis skid is an exception. it is a 2 piece skid, that bolts together. i am goin to try and exchange it tomorrow. now the armadillo swingarm skid, is really beefy, and has a thick plastic type strip to keep the chain from hitting it, but no chain guide. i want to modify the stock guide, or fab a new one but need a little help brainstorming. modifying the stock one should be no problem aslong as i can get it lined up. has anyone ever fabbed one, and what materials should i look for if i have to start from scratch?

Attachments

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Shoulda went PRM not best looking but best working skids out. Point blank period it's the only thing I haven't fucked up yet and I ride rocky mountain trails when not in Florida. I've broke shit people didn't even know could break so next time PRM from a arms to swinger skids.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
www.techquadshop.com has them. they are nice! but they are very expensive. the swingarm skid i have isn't bad. i think prm is the only brand with a chain guide though. but they should give you 5 hp for the $200 they cost for the .250 one. :D

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Tqs-ATV.com but call all there products ain't on line plus you get better price talking to a real person.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Like I said call em. I bought my entire set for about twice what dude paid for his z plate.
I bought complete set at once that maybe how I got discount plus I told him I was forum member.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Steve @ TQS hooked me up with a package deal as well. He's a good dude.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Most swinger gaurds don't have a chain guide and are essentially the same style as the armadillo with that wear strip. If you're running a stock arm, I really wouldn't worry about having a chain guide, I've never ever had an issue running the same style you've got there. Armadillo and PRM both make a great product. Tusk... well- you're getting what you paid for basically.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tusk skid is going back tomorrow. getting the armadillo chassis skid too. the other tusk products i've bought or my riding buddies have got have been good and held up well. so i didn't think twice about the skid. oh well live and learn. my concern with not having a chain guide is that i ride in alot of deep mud (for a sport quad anyway) where rocks, sticks and other trail junk can pretty easily get kicked up and derail a chain. i need to check out all the skids my buddies use to see if they have one, i guess i never really looked that well at them. just saw how thick they were and that was about it. i'm not getting rid of it though.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Steve @ TQS hooked me up with a package deal as well. He's a good dude.
Most swinger gaurds don't have a chain guide and are essentially the same style as the armadillo with that wear strip. If you're running a stock arm, I really wouldn't worry about having a chain guide, I've never ever had an issue running the same style you've got there. Armadillo and PRM both make a great product. Tusk... well- you're getting what you paid for basically.
+1 i agree with seg, and imo tusk is bottom of the barrel dude buy cheap parts get cheap parts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah for skids tusk is cheap. tusk is rocky mountains generic brand, rock is motosports generic brand, then you have ebay at the bottom. :lol: i'm talkin the ebay that doesn't have a name stuff. either way, this tusk product is goin back to rm. hows that rock axle holding up 686? i know those are cheap, and read some mixed review on their website about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts