Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is there any aftermarket swingarms that will take the stock carrier n stuff. Im looking for +2,+4'' range. How far can u extend the factor brake lines before there too short? My price is a max of $400.
The name and or the website would be cool. Also im finally going to put on 450 shocks!!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Max of $400 on the swinger only, or all together. If you don't want to spend more than that you are probably going to be looking at used swingers.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i have a +4 and the stock brake line is fine. one of the advantages of a swinger is getting rid of the stock carrier and going with a "honda style" twinrow.
mike

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fourhoundred was for the swingarm. So none of them use the stock carrier?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
02raptor660 said:
i have a +4 and the stock brake line is fine. one of the advantages of a swinger is getting rid of the stock carrier and going with a "honda style" twinrow.
mike
THE MAIN ADVANTAGE of the aftermarket swingarm is the concentric chain "honda style" carrier IMO. You really can't understand how badly the stock 660's carrier sucks until you've owned a honda carrier. I've gone online shopping and had aftermarket +0 swingarms and carriers in my "shopping cart" more times than I can count, that carrier is a holy thing that is to be praised and spoken of in reverence.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
02raptor660 said:
mike
THE MAIN ADVANTAGE of the aftermarket swingarm is the concentric chain "honda style" carrier IMO. You really can't understand how badly the stock 660's carrier sucks until you've owned a honda carrier. I've gone online shopping and had aftermarket +0 swingarms and carriers in my "shopping cart" more times than I can count, that carrier is a holy thing that is to be praised and spoken of in reverence.
Indeed, the sliding type carrier is a POS, honda style is the only way to go. Why do you thing the 700 comes that way now? It's impossible to get the carrier out of whack and a whole crapload easier to adjust the chain.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Yeah just like they said.....the roundhouse carrier is the way to go....the only thing that will work with the stock carrier is a swingarm extension off ebay and i wouldn't trust it if i rode hard....you'll thank yourself for spending the extra dough to get the roundhouse swinger....and better, stronger bearings also :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Are all aftermarket swingers using the "Honda" style carrier? Does it require any special axle or can I throw a durablue through it? What about hubs and such? Do those need to be replaced to match the new carrier?

Basically, is it a new swinger or a new rear end?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
all aftermarket swingers use the "honda style" carrier and you can use a stock style axle.
ill try and get a pic of mine, its a +4 with the stock axle.
mike

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

here is my swinger right after i put it on. stock brake line and axle.
mike

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm not really sure why everyone is so concerned with retaining stock brake lines. In my opinion, the stock brake lines should be replaced even if you don't go wider/longer because of the increase in brake response.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i would of love to change out the brakelines on mine but at the time the swinger took all my extra cash. now im just to lazy to bleed the brakes unless i have to.
mike

·
Registered
373 Posts
pewterpecker said:
I'm not really sure why everyone is so concerned with retaining stock brake lines. In my opinion, the stock brake lines should be replaced even if you don't go wider/longer because of the increase in brake response.
the fronts are a must but not so much the rear.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Whats the best lenth to go with on an extented swingarm. I do alot of trail riding and some track. I want the best all around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
What are some good brands? I see alot of different ones on ebay. I dont want to get a junk one and have problems with it.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Lonestar
Burgard
RPM possibly makes the best
Roll Design
Eyeball Engineering (site sponsor)
I run a Janssen Motorsports outlaw

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
So far, I'm very happy with my ASR swinger, just don't be in a hurry as it took twice as long to deliver as advertised (a month vs. 2 weeks). Plus the price was very reasonable for the quality of product you are getting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.