Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to adjust my chain, and broke the bolt off in the swinger.

Im thinking this is the perfect opportunity to get the extended swinger ive always wanted ;)

Any recommendations as far as best bang for the buck? im looking at a +4 probably.

Thanks

PS its a 01 660/719 stroker

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I run a Eye Ball Engineering swing arm. It is has been great. No problems. Dont for get the revlaved shock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should revalve the stock 01 remote resi shock? who should i contact bout doing that?
Ive looked at the Eyeball swingers, look good, also seen the ACE fab ones, but I see alot of people talking about SLC.

Just wanna make sure i get something decent for the money.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
yea you can revalve your shock. If you want a good performing stock shock then you should look at having the race tech gold valve installed too.

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
I should revalve the stock 01 remote resi shock? who should i contact bout doing that?
Ive looked at the Eyeball swingers, look good, also seen the ACE fab ones, but I see alot of people talking about SLC.

Just wanna make sure i get something decent for the money.
Thanks for your help
i had wiigstyle racing redo my shock...Josh is a vendor on here and has helped out a lot of people with there shocks....usually has a lot of good deals to.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I am sure wiigstyle can also install a race tech gold valve. I have herd nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
got a link

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Damn that sucks. I was considering sending my rear shock to them for rebuild, I think I'll rethink that one now as well...

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
RaceTech, Wiigstyle, GT Thunder are all companies who can rebuild your shock for your application. I've followed a lot of experiences with Wiig both good and a couple bad. Remember there's 100's of happy customers for each unhappy one. I think they got a little um... overwhelmed there for a while, but I'd still give Josh @ Wiig my business.

Most fun I ever had on my 720 was on a +4 swinger. Perfect for a great all around bike from trails-dunes IMO. I've had a few and was very impressed with the quality on the +4 Eyeball I had before going to a lightweight +6 arm. Still kick myself for that one. The +6 was a better arm for racing, but sure wasn't as fun as the +4 by any means...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I was running a metal tech arm up until recently and it was sturdy and of good quality, wouldn't hesitate to run another. I had Josh at wii style redo that rear shock for me and I was very happy with the result, and the price was great too.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I've seen people run up to a +6 without a revalve, so it's not NECESSARY, but will sure improve the ride. I ran my +4 with a stock shock for a while. It wasn't HORRIBLE after some adjusting, but not ideal either.

Contact Josh @ Wiig, or Preddy08 and they'll give you a quote. Really depends on what all needs done to the shock. Revalve, respring, recharge, etc...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've seen people run up to a +6 without a revalve, so it's not NECESSARY, but will sure improve the ride. I ran my +4 with a stock shock for a while. It wasn't HORRIBLE after some adjusting, but not ideal either.

Contact Josh @ Wiig, or Preddy08 and they'll give you a quote. Really depends on what all needs done to the shock. Revalve, respring, recharge, etc...
Alright thanks SegKast.. I'm glad it's not nessasary right now, maybe down the road.. I'm getting closer on having my bike ready to be rebuilt, can't wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts