Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new back tires for my 660. I can't seem to find the size that came on it. What size should I run, and does it make a difference? How about some discount websites? Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
www.rockymountainatv.com- best prices+free shipping

20x10x9 is stock rears. Depending on the conditions you ride will help determine what you need.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
can you fit a 20X11X9 on the stock rims. what is each measurement? HeightXWidthXRim size?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
can you fit a 20X11X9 on the stock rims. what is each measurement? HeightXWidthXRim size?
ya, that will fit the stock rim. Your right on your measurements.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Teraflx said:
DECEPTiON21 said:
ya, that will fit the stock rim. Your right on your measurements.
yeah stock tire is 20x10x9 dunlop

i went to a 20x11x9 kenda knarly best move ever for my type of riding

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've decided to get tires that fit the stock rims and tires which dimesion do i need consider for the tires to fit?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
the last one, you need a 00X00X9 tire. where 00 is anything you want.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, thanks for all the help but please bear with me. I thought I was set on just getting the tires and the more I looked for them and reading different post the less I feel like I know. :eek:. Any tire suggestion would be greatly appreciated for stock rims. I haven't checked but I think the bike has a stock sprocket on rear and front i'll check this weekend and I way a whole 135 lbs.. How much does the sprocket n my weight factor into the tire selection. Also I do trailing and occasional riding no mx

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
i baught razr2s and love them on my stock rims. i have them on all 4 and baught them from rockymountain atv. great place and cheap. great tires and high recommended :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I did Kendas front and rear, Klaws up front and Knarlys out back. I'm very pleased so far and the price is good too. I have read here that they hold up real well to boot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I think I got it, what you think?

Kenda Klaw XC 21x7x10 - 2005 Yamaha RAPTOR 660 (Front) Part# K5260
Kenda Klaw XC 20x11x9 - 2005 Yamaha RAPTOR 660 (Rear) Part# K5200

I chose these becauese I was looking for something thats not to expensive and wont wear to fast, I do trail riding nothing heavy and street riding around the n'hood.

From rockymoutainatv.com

Also looking at getting this decal set not quite sure if I want to pay 100 bucks for it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=200012087190&rd=1,1

Also looking for a Dr. D Reverse Lever.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Consider the Knarlys for the rear, from what I hear they last a little longer and they are cheaper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
russ said:
Consider the Knarlys for the rear, from what I hear they last a little longer and they are cheaper.
Ok I will. Also, I forgot to post the prices that the local cyclegear shop quoted me, I can truly say that it is double what rockymountainatv charges.

·
Registered
679 Posts
you should try the razrs. ilike them very much and they hook up really well for me. and it also depends on what kinda riding you do .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts