Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i finally got rid of my kfx700 and got a 2006 raptor 700. it came with a pcIII and a dg slip on pipe. it seems to run great, but id like to tune it just a hair better if possible at all...basically make small changes to see if i can get it any better. how would i go about doing this?

also, once the pcIII is hooked up to my bike and i install the map, can i take the pcIII back off? the reason i ask is bc i have a friend who also has a 06 who needs a different map bc his runs a little weird. id like to install mine on his to set him up right and then put it back on mine.

thanx for the help guys. i love my rappy and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Maps are stored on the Power Commander so no, you can't do a "hot swap" as you suggest. Once you take off the controller, your fuel AF ratio goes back to stock. But once you do get your map how you like it, you could always email a copy of it to him so he can install it on his.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the email idea is a good idea, but he doesn't have a power commander...bc hes a cheap bastard lol. how would i go about adjusting mine? just push the buttons on the face of the pcIII or do i need a program on my computer?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
-EDIT (wrong info given)- I actually have no idea how to program it, lol. With my PC5, I just went on their website and downloaded the map I needed for my mods. Now it is in the shop getting a dyno for a custom map. Do you have a picture of the programmer you have? Also, if you post your mods on here (along with the programmer you have) a lot of people have maps already set for most controllers for their quads and can get you very close to what you need. Good luck! :)

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Sorry, I misinformed you about the PC3 with buttons, lol. Did you check the sticky in this section of maps that people posted?

·
Registered
415 Posts
check the sticky in the efi tuning section here. if nothing works, go to raptor source and they have a bigger selection. its a sticky in the mods section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i will search around. what do the buttons on the pc3 do? do they just adjust the a/f ratio a little when you push them or?

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep. how to do it i can't tell you cause i have never seen onein person. but it should be in the manual which i think you can get from dynojets website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are the tunes that are on the dynojet website any good? i found an awesome deal on an hmf full exhaust and some nerfbars and they have a tune for an hmf exhaust and stock air filter/lid. would it be good to go or should i just find a shop with a dyno?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Their maps will be more than fine for you. I wouldn't pay for a dyno for just an exhaust when you can use that money for an intake and finish off your big 3

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok kool...175 a pretty good price for a hmf full pipe and a set of nice nerf bars?
:wow: if thats for all of that, then hell yeah it is!! a hmf slipon is like 230 alone. so if it has the header, muffler, and nerfs, its a damn good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts