Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Undecided? Have a 450 now and need more power. thinking of built 250r or building a 700 not sure. going to start riding mostly sand now. live in norhern washington state.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Welcome dude! If it were me and I was riding mostly sand...I would find a Banshee or 250R to build. Dont get me wrong, the 700 is an awesome duner, it's just that the 2-strokes seem to have the most 'fun factor'.

·
Registered
669 Posts
go with a outlaw 525 ha ha :eek: not. cant beat the power of a built 700 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
just could not do that to anyone love the rappy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
welcome aboard!!!

id get a banshee but theyre quite unreliable. i had one and i had to rebuild it every year!!!

just say fuck it and get a raptor!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info but has anyone had a built 250r before a raptor. would like opinion on that before i decide anything. i am going to ride jdogs built 700 next month in glamis for some comparison. that will probably change my mind.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
heatguy said:
Undecided? Have a 450 now and need more power. thinking of built 250r or building a 700 not sure. going to start riding mostly sand now. live in norhern washington state.

Welcome, I'm from North West Washington as well. All my riding is in the sand and I have had some nice 250R's and they are great but for an all around duner it's hard to beat a modded 700R. If your into tree shots and hill shooting the torque of a modded 700 makes it an absolute blast in the sand.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yea, your gonna want the torque the 700 throws out! Also attracts the female type as well :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
if i am going backwards maybe :3question:

G

·
heatguy said:
I was in a similar situation except I was looking to build something to race in the 300' drags but also do some light trail riding, well I chose the 700 because my buddy has had one since they first came out and i've seen how great of a quad it is, plus even though 250r's can be built to fly, they do require more frequent rebuilds and to me the fuel injection seems like the way to go now, I feel like carburators are soon going to be a thing of the past. (Even though you can still get some sick HP out of carburated quads, I love the fuel injection). And like others mentioned the torque of a 700 is just plain fun. Those were just my thoughts on picking the 700 over building anything else. If you get a 250r, I am sure you will be happy with that too because they are nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts