Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a uni air filter and vents, a lexx slip on exhuast, and a dyno jet kit.
Any recommendations for jetting? Elevation 1,100 ft.

Also any recomendations for the vents?
Do one at a time? Two at a time? etc.
Any particular place on the air box?

Can i expect pretty good results out of this combination?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Put you filter and exhaust on before you jet it. After you install those 2, then install the jet kit. It will have instructions, not sure what size main jets it comes with, but I would start off with the 142.5 it it has one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
jetting sucks..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes it does, especially when you have a Keihin Carb at 4500 feet

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ha ha, I am 4,500' too. I'm worried about rejetting when I go back to 1,000'.

·
Registered
197 Posts
what main size and needle do you have in yours? I have a full fmf exhaust, Je 12:1 piston, stage two hotcam and some port and polish...I have been trying to jet it now for two days and I am thinking about going down to a 125 main, what do you think?

·
Registered
836 Posts
what main size and needle do you have in yours? I have a full fmf exhaust, Je 12:1 piston, stage two hotcam and some port and polish...I have been trying to jet it now for two days and I am thinking about going down to a 125 main, what do you think?
Christ... it's pretty crazy how a few thousand feet of altitude can make the biggest difference in an engines air/fuel mixture.. I'm about 500 feet and i'm running a 150 main and 35 pilot with the few small mods i have, and i'm still lean.. I'm gonna buy an HMF Jet Kit (comes with 160, 165, and 170 main jets) and try to correct my jetting once and for all!

·
Registered
197 Posts
found out why mine wasn't running...One of my valves is leaking, GREAT

·
Registered
836 Posts
damn, that really sucks....... didn't you notice that the compression seemed real low, or it didn't sound like it was making that "boom boom" compression noise when it was turning over?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to take the carb out and i cant figure out how to removal the throttle cable. Can anybody help with this?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes it does, especially when you have a Keihin Carb at 4500 feet
bolted on a 37mm kiehin from a rmz 250 changed the needle and ran it like it came off the bike. works nice!!!!:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
did you readjust the vlaves after running for awhile , after rebuild?, is it your intake or exhaust valve?

if i had to play fool the guesser i would bet its your exhaust valve , adjustment is to tight ,and hanging it open, you can usually tell when it wont start with the starter,but will start if you push or pull start it !

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know it's the intake valve because I had it out this past weekend and my piston tapped it which caused the rocker arm to bust...I put a new rocker arm in it and we had it almost jetted but every time I would stop to bring it around again, it would bog on me so we tested the valve and sure enough the tap caused it to leak.

I even called Allen Knowles at CT to confirm and he said that would be the issue

·
Registered
608 Posts
how the hell did that happen???:wow:, i run a je 12:1 and a wiesco cam and never had a problem? is your piston in correctly? big relief on the intake side?

and you definetly bent your valve then. get a new giude also probly cracked.:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Cam bolt came loose somehow...I am taking it to a guys shop on Thursday and we are goin to look at it. It sucks becuase I just put that piston and cam in and haven't even gotten to ride it on a track yet

·
Registered
238 Posts
You guys are Hi jacking dudes thread.

I'm trying to take the carb out and i cant figure out how to removal the throttle cable. Can anybody help with this?
Unhook the throttle cable up on the handle bars and leave the cable attached on the carb and pull it off (be sure that you look before hand on how your throttle cable is routed BEFORE you pull it off).
Unless you are cleaning your carb or something, there isn't really any reason to even unhook the cable up on the handle bar, just unplug and turn the carb over and do whatcha gotta do.
I'm new to jetting myself but at least I can help you with this much!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts