Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I got this quad used last Christmas. It is a 2007 with all Yamaha Mods.
Air filter with lid off
Full Exhaust
PCIII controller

Bike runs good at Sea level (Pismo). But, it was too loud for local riding areas. I changed the exhaust tip to the quiet one from Yamaha.

My question is… Should I change the MAP due to more exhaust restriction? If Yes, then what should I change it to?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ben

Forgot to say that I am a carb expert. This fuel injection stuff is all new to me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
what do you mean you changed the exhaust tip? did you install a new muffler on the head pipe, or did you just add a silencer in an open exahust?

If you just added a quiet core of some sort, you will prob not need to change anything unless adding that really made the bike rich, do a plug chop and find out.

If you changed the whole slip muffler part, i would look into a new map for that pipe bc it is prob more restrictive and running rich, but again do a plug chop and see if you will need to do anything at all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike came with full GYTR Exhaust. Yamaha sells a “quiet” tip for that exhaust. This is what I put on my bike. Basically you take off the big hole end cap and bolt on a 3 hole cap. Makes it much quieter. I assume it is also more restricted.

Ben

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok that's what I thought, I have a set for my duels. I doubt you will need to change that map. If your curious check the plug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts