Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gentleman, 2 weeks ago I purchased my first quad a 2019 700 r raptor.
Now being new to the 4 wheeled world , what should I be looking at as far as breaking in , things to look for in the first hours of riding etc.
All my other bikes have been RM ’s Honda’s kx’s All of the smoker family so I’m really interested in the big 4 stroke and looking forward to years of enjoyment.

I look forward to the group and anything that I can share to help anyone else out.

Wiz ?

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

During break in I would keep an eye on the normal fluids. Oil, antifreeze and make sure air filter is installed properly. Check the chain for correct tension.

These items aren't anything the Raptors have issues with, just something I would check during initial break in just as a habit. Don't want them to slack on anything from the factory...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Agreed. Not just in break in period, these are things that should be checked before and during every ride. If youve owned all those bikes you mentioned then you know that maintenance is key to a long life. Ive seen tons of stuff get destroyed because someone didnt bother to check the oil or chain tension

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greetings gentleman, 2 weeks ago I purchased my first quad a 2019 700 r raptor.
Now being new to the 4 wheeled world , what should I be looking at as far as breaking in , things to look for in the first hours of riding etc.
All my other bikes have been RM ’s Honda’s kx’s All of the smoker family so I’m really interested in the big 4 stroke and looking forward to years of enjoyment.

I look forward to the group and anything that I can share to help anyone else out.

Wiz ?

welcome my friend enjoy your bike i always just keep it easy first ten hours then change oil then let her rip

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts