Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Raptor today. It is a 01 and I got it pretty cheap.
So anyway, this is my first Quad so I know nothing about them. I am going to change the fluids and generally do all the Maint before using it.
I am needing new rear tires. I am looking at the Dunlap KT 396. Are they a decent tire? It has the KT 335 on it now.
So that's about it for me I'm going to go troll the board.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Congratulations on the Raptor :thumbsup: and Welcome to the forum:beer:. You'll find everything you need help with here! Umm as for those tires... Razr 2's are a very nice choice as well as mudlites and most dunlops... Hell tractor tires will work... What kind of riding do you do or will be doing is what you should base your tire choice off of. A great place for tires is rockymountainatvmc.com and please check out the Vendors of Raptorforum in the Vendors section on the Forum page.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
welcome willy will be your guru for the raptor questions anybody will vouch for him just do what he says when something goes wrong :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
welcome willy will be your guru for the raptor questions anybody will vouch for him just do what he says when something goes wrong :)
Don't forget Quadmaniac, top notch knowledge there too.............:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
correct.....just don't pay attention to any of my advice:D
Wait a damn minute Tommy...yesterday you were telling me how to reduce or remove the stress marks on my plastics with a heat gun. Lol what gives? Are you just posing as someone who has knowledge and hoping I'm going to be riding with melted plastics? Hahahaha just kiddin.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
The pertinent statement is - Take Tommy's advice, unless it conflicts with Willy's or mine, THEN ignore him! :D

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
The pertinent statement is - Take Tommy's advice, unless it conflicts with Willy's or mine, THEN ignore him! :D

Well said...unless you want to know about oval racing or can-am spyder's....then you listen to me first:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Oh boy, now you boys are gonna start measuring ding dongs...just don't post pictures of that contest...lol.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Please don't. I don't even think anyone in VIP will want to see that, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Wait a damn minute Tommy...yesterday you were telling me how to reduce or remove the stress marks on my plastics with a heat gun. Lol what gives? Are you just posing as someone who has knowledge and hoping I'm going to be riding with melted plastics? Hahahaha just kiddin.
don't worry when I'm not totally sure I won't say anything, and when I am wrong I'm usually corrected before any harm is done...let me prove that to you. set your oven to 450 and throw your plastics in over night....don't forget before and after pics:wow:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Listen to willy and maniac, those are the guys to go too, segkast is good as well, beware the tranny issue from the 01 raptors, you should probably find out from the previous owner if a tranny swap has been done. 40-41% of the '01 660's had bad tranny's. so just be aware. and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts