Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just joined Raptor Forum yesterday. I recently bought a brand new 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE, blue & white.

Right now, im looking for cosmetic upgrades. Such as sound and looks. Gotta stay within that budget ya know. lol.

What i have ordered already is in my signature. Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This place is full of awesome information and people and theres always someone to answer your question if its not already been answered on another post :thumbsup:

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum, just a suggestion you should have waited and saved your $ and bought a full system instead of the S/O and your next purchase should be a fuel controller of some kind so you don't run it lean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some people might hate me for this, but right now i could care less about performance upgrades. Im in the middle of transitioning from a 1998 Yamaha Warrior 350 to a 700 Raptor, so thats enough for now. lol. I bought the pipe for a new sound and look, not performance. Ive talked a bit with some yamaha service guys and they said as long as i dont uprgrade any more with the intake or exhaust that i dont need a new controller. they said i should be fine. and its been the same answer from 4 different yamaha service providers from 4 different areas. Im prob gonna save up for it, but for now they said it will be fine. Plus i wont be riding it much anyway.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It would of been smarter, but im thinking because he says hes new to quads, he probly doesnt need to get into too much power anyway haha

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
+1 on what FLwoods said hes the best out there and knows alot. Others also but FLwoods is an awesome guy and will send you in the right path. I might start calling him the pope of raptor forums...LOL i beleive in you woods and thanks for all your good info...

Oh lol oups welcome to the forum Kneppi your gonna love that raptor...yesssssss

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really have no desire for any big upgrades as of right now. Just looks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would of been smarter, but im thinking because he says hes new to quads, he probly doesnt need to get into too much power anyway haha
lol, im not new to quads, just new to raptors.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
That fuel controller is going to save your motor it aint much in the way of performance its just to help reliability and we sure dont want you to blow that engine...see we dont know you but we still care LOL.

Take care kneppi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks frenchie, im glad i joined the forum. what i may do for now is just hold onto the pipe and run stock till i get use to things and learn from people like you :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next in line, im looking for skids. I think i may either get a set or Armidillos or Pro Armor, but not sure. i see the Tusk brand a lot too, but i hear they can be crappy.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thanks frenchie, im glad i joined the forum. what i may do for now is just hold onto the pipe and run stock till i get use to things and learn from people like you :)
Oh jeez not from me im half crazy and half dumb with a quarter pound of nuts LOL. You will get to know everyone and no one gives out bad info on here. Get a pc 5 or pc3 (power commander) are the most common and best ones. Now for skids look in to PRM and RICOCHET they aint the priciest but they are tuff. Ask spider paleface about the PRM's he uses them.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
And if you can try to buy from the sponsors they also help alot when something breaks or you need info on parts and upgrades...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh jeez not from me im half crazy and half dumb with a quarter pound of nuts LOL. You will get to know everyone and no one gives out bad info on here. Get a pc 5 or pc3 (power commander) are the most common and best ones. Now for skids look in to PRM and RICOCHET they aint the priciest but they are tuff. Ask spider paleface about the PRM's he uses them.
I also see a lot of good things about Armadillo. I have an offer for a full set for 269.99 and i think i may go for it. they look nice too.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Check the tickness before jumping in that deal. I havent heard anything really bad about any skid manufacturer. Armadillo or whatever else comes down to fitment and the way they attach...269$ is a good price for a full set if its tick enough for what your going to be riding it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts