Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just did the move to the 4 stroke setup. what are the better mods to do for the raptor 660. I do want exhaust but which one is good, and which is the bag for the buck setup. I have already decided to go wider on the suspention. Any suggestions? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm new also, and before I made my first post I did a ton of reading and I used the search function a lot. Most of your basic questions can be answered by using the search function.

From what I read, the Sparks exhaust is the best single, and LTE for duals. Also, remove your airbox lid and put an outerwears cover on it after installing a K&N or UNI filter. Then open up your carb and do the modifications that Freez listed, as well as jetting it according to the sticky at the top of the page. That will be a good initial setup for making power.

Some of the basic suspension mods are getting a wider rear axle and a-arms and YFZ shocks up front if you're on a budget. Don't buy spacers, they're not a good mod.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her is what I have figured out so far. White bros slip on. Remove the lid with K7N and 160-165 jets installed. I will also run a 12 tooth sprocket in the front and have the YFZ450 shocks in the front. I will also install wicked A-Arms and rear wheel spacers. I will also lower the back end. Did I miss anything? ANy other suggestions

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it gives it alot more torque. I am not to worried about the top speed. I have heard I will loose about 2-3 miles per hour on the top speed. But I dont want to be going faster than 70 miles per hour offroad. I beleive with the 12 tooth sprocket I will hit the top[ speed much faster and have more power in every gear for the trails. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
12 tooth was excellent mod for me, and I ride mostly trails with some motocross mixed in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the K&N and lid make much diffrence with the stock exhaust? Everyone has been telling me to do them at the same time. :3question:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts