Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im need some help. Does anyone have the Trinity kit with the exhaust, efi controller, and intake? How you like it? Would it hurt anything to use higher octane gas with that preprogramed controller or would I have to change the settings. I'm new to all this fuel injected stuff.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
btac said:
Im need some help. Does anyone have the Trinity kit with the exhaust, efi controller, and intake? How you like it? Would it hurt anything to use higher octane gas with that preprogramed controller or would I have to change the settings. I'm new to all this fuel injected stuff.
me and a buddy ran both of our 700's saturday on c-12 (112 vp racing fuel) he's got trinity stage 4 kit and i got pc3,k&n, and yanked the sparky out, they both ran fine.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks did the Trinity kit make a big difference on power and speed. I'm getting the new 07 se. I have a 01 raptor dragged out, but its to much maintance. I'm selling to a buddy and buying a new one, but I dont want it to be all slow. I dont want to go from all to nothing if you now what i'm saying.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
With 9.2:1 compression the 700R will run no better with anything higher than 93 octane. I ran some "good" fule in mine one time mainly because I was about out and all that my buddies had that I was ridin with was that(they had full on race bikes), it had a little crisper responce but I contribute that to the better quality gas it was compared to the "usual" pump stuff not the octane. I run 101 in mine now but its because of my rebuild 8)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind handlebars do some of you people have. I like the TAG metal but the mount wont fit on the new 07 raptors, but really whats the best.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Actually higher octane fuel can degrade performance in some cases. It can and will change (retard) actual combustion timing. Not only that but some types of race fuel extremely gummy. In fact they can gel up the fuel system if not drained after use. If you read VP's website they will confirm this.

If it is highly oxygenated (and a lot are) it can also induce a lean condition.

Pump gas is fine for stock compression on the Raptor, or up to around 10.5:1 compression. More if you ride at higher elevation.

A cam change can affect the actual dynamic compression ratio that would make a 10:1 piston act like a higher compression piston at certain RPMs but I doubt there is one out for the Raptor that would require "race fuel".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts