Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to the forums from West Virginia, this is my first post. Just bought our daughter a left over 2011 raptor, I'm very satisfied and she loves it! Cant wait to read up on some mods on here and see what people are doing with these little things. Not sure if I attached the pics right, if not I'll get it figured out.

Looking forward to some good info

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome....

Just as a heads up, remember to turn off the gas and drain the carb if you let the quad set for more than a couple of days. The little bikes are bad for the jets clogging!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Yeah I had an issue with my quad due to leaving gas in the carb now I religiously drain the carbs whenever I know it will be a week or so before we ride again. But if I have an issue it will be the perfect excuse to change the jetting and well we all know if I'm going to do that I might as well throw on a new exhaust :cool:
tho I wont be doing any airbox mods due to all of the creek trails we have around here (which the stock setup handled the water really well, and I checked it often because I was a little worried)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Also new here but wanted to say you have a nice 90 there and good luck. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Definitely drain the carb! When I take any of our carb quads out of the trailer and put in the garage, I take a quick run up the street. Have my trusty screwdriver and when I head back to the house, I turn off the fuel shutoff and then open the bowl drain. I keep riding until it dies. Close everything up and so far, the next start up has been flawless. I also have drilled the pilot jet up to .37mm. Starts and runs perfect. Good plug color and I have a Big Gun full exhaust on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts