Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is Alex
i just bought a 2005 350 raptor se 6 days ago i have only been riding for maybe 6 years. i had a 88 warrior till now. i really like the raptor although i am having some trouble it seems to sputter at the top of 4th 5th and 6th gear i am not sure what the problem is haven't really had the time to look at

·
Registered
376 Posts
First off, Welcome to the forum! you definitely came to the right place to ask questions about your raptor. If you're having problems in the top ends of your gears i'd say you probably have a jetting problem... WillyKiller is the man to talk to about jetting

·
Registered
836 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :D
Definitely sounds like a jetting issue. Sounds like you are a bit too lean on the main jet, you might want to consider bumping it up a couple sizes....

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
Is it stock or has mods to exhaust/intake? If stock, carbs are dirty, time for a good cleaning. If modded, cleaning may still be required, but it may be jetted incorrectly too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so my raptor had some home made mods from the original owner he chopped off the front fenders he also chopped the stock pipe almost in half and took out all stuff from the inside....well about an hour ago i opened the air box found the box completely disconnected from the carb so i put it back together and now it runs fine the air box was missing both of the bolts that hold it in place so im sure that wiggle off the carb but any way thanks every one for your hlep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts