Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a video of the my new bad ass barkers so if ya thinkin about gettin them....heres some lil help on chosin them....got inframe duals with trinty intake and pc3 thanks steven from tech quad....be getting with you in a week or so and gettin that axle and swing arm...so i can ride this beast...sucks that its just setting on a bucket without no ass end.....but i had to put them on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5_DdUqZZ8M

but we are also in a lil pool house so we really got er fired up.....

·
Registered
902 Posts
Tune may not be right but, it looks SICK! 8) :thumbsup:

I fired mine up earlier this evening and the header looked to be getting a serious glow going real quick. . . I may richen up a little.

Time to do a Map Compare from what I've loaded to some of the other maps I've got along the way.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am sorry but that does not look good. There should not be flames shooting out of anything.

Jay

·
Registered
793 Posts
Unless its a jet .. maybe the barkers are close to that ... thats why it shoots out :unsure: Barker duals are now called "the jets" ::stamped for approval::

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
everything is installed correct... would it have anything to do with shootin flames b/c i was in a lil bittie closed room? i mean all that carbon in air and me revving it up to make it do that...its not like just shooting flames out idleing or anything...i mean i was kinda making it do that....just hit it a lil then gas the shit outta it and it will do it... but whenever you 1st crank it up ...it takes that room to get filled up with carbon then it will do it....

but that shit looks bad ass huh?

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
What map are you running? I could hear popping as well, which means it might be running lean. I just got my Duals yesterday, but I am sanding them down and polishing them. Now you want to talk about work.....MAAAAN...they are brushed and even 300 grit wet dry sand paper takes some time. When I get them on tomorrow, I'll put them in the dark and check it out to verify wat you have. You might want to get a hold of Barker, they will send you a map for barkers with a proflow; maybe try that map.

This isn't the first time I have heard anyone telling me they got small flames out of duals. Another guy at a shop in Seattle told me his friends got really small blue flames at night.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have never reved my 700 up in a room thats dark but I've raced at the hill in the dunes wheres it pitch black and it never has shot any type of flames out of it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you are in an enclosed room. . . you are running out of air due to the combustion that is taking place. . .

As the CO (unspent fuel) exits the pipe (along with the heat) it is mixing with the air in the room and at the tip of your pipe and you are getting post combustion. . .

I really wouldn't worry about it at this point. . .

As you slam the throttle you feed fuel into the injector to start the bike to rev faster and draw more air in. . . if you let off right away you also end up with a rich condition. . . I really don't think this can be taken out with a map. . . I think it is more a nature of the beast thing.

Am I off on this? :crazy:

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
DuneMe said:
If you are in an enclosed room. . . you are running out of air due to the combustion that is taking place. . .

As the CO (unspent fuel) exits the pipe (along with the heat) it is mixing with the air in the room and at the tip of your pipe and you are getting post combustion. . .

As you slam the throttle you feed fuel into the injector to start the bike to rev faster and draw more air in. . . if you let off right away you also end up with a rich condition. . . I really don't think this can be taken out with a map. . . I think it is more a nature of the beast thing.

Ya I think your off... That is not good for flames to be shooting out that bad. I would say the tune is off.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
DuneMe said:

After rereading his post I kinda agree. I would give the map a good real situation test before changing it. The stock sensors probally are all out of whack in those conditions as well, but if does that running normal conditions Id try a new map.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i kinda figured it wasn't good but i just thought that it was b/c i was in that lil room ....which i know is stupid ... b/c ppl kill them selfs by setting in the garge with the door closed...haha which i was kinda doing...it was gettin hard to breath my damn eyes started buring haha...but i just moved it out to open and it still does it...so i'm pretty sure its has to do with the map...but i dont know shit about maps or anything.....but i do know it sucks that i can't ride it b/c i bent my axle and one rim...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aight what ya'll think about this.....do ya think it could have something to do with me not having an axle or a rear end? i mean the motor has nothen to turn....? just a though b/c i went out there and checked it out ..... :3question: :3question: :3question:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts