Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I bought another white 06 raptor today and It is pretty much stock excpt for a yosh exhaust and a dynatec Fuel controller. So I Here are my thoughts on what I am going to order for it...

Barker Duals
PC5 w/auto tune (had the auto tune from previous bike)
Monster Intake w/k&n filter
Anti-Vibe inserts
Dynatec Prog. Ignition
11.5:1 Tech pistion
HC3 cam

This is what I had planned for my previous bike but had to sell it to go back to school. That is all done now so I bought the same bike and here we go again! I had the big three on the previous bike but that was it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Looks like a good setup! What type of riding do you do? Sand, dirt, track etc.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
ok so I bought another white 06 raptor today and It is pretty much stock excpt for a yosh exhaust and a dynatec Fuel controller. So I Here are my thoughts on what I am going to order for it...

Barker Duals
PC5 w/auto tune (had the auto tune from previous bike)
Monster Intake w/k&n filter
Anti-Vibe inserts
Dynatec Prog. Ignition
11.5:1 Tech pistion
HC3 cam

This is what I had planned for my previous bike but had to sell it to go back to school. That is all done now so I bought the same bike and here we go again! I had the big three on the previous bike but that was it.
That's a good start:grin_nod:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mainly ride dirt, And a little drag racing from time to time. But it's also on dirt.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of numbers should I expect from this setup?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Well that's a good setup for the dirt! An amsoil intake would be better lol and also lose the stock rear tires and get some razr 2's or even the mudlites. And Hmmmm... well the hdd5050 cam is way better than the little hc3 but costs quite a bit more. How much HP are you looking to make?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's a good setup for the dirt! An amsoil intake would be better lol and also lose the stock rear tires and get some razr 2's or even the mudlites. And Hmmmm... well the hdd5050 cam is way better than the little hc3 but costs quite a bit more. How much HP are you looking to make?
As much as possible!! Haha and the the bike I bought come with some razr 2's :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I ordered all these items today from tqs hopefully I get them by this weekend!!

Also had to add some pro taper SE bars with some odi lock ons :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Sounds like its gonna be fun when your done but you forgot to spend money on the most important parts on the bike... the suspension

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 on the suspension.....that will be the next upgrade. Not forgotten about or not thought of...just had to decide over power or control....so I went with power first haha. I know, I know...power is nothing without control...and I agree but power is a lot of fun!! :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it normal to not get a confirmation emailnwhen ordering from tqs? I have ordered from them before but can't remember if they send out emails when ordering or not...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No they usually dont send a confirmation out. But they are very fast when they ship and a pleasure to do business with. The HDD5050 cam is a special grind high lift cam that you can get from high desert dyno for around 3bills. But you need to upgrade your valve springs, clearance the exaust rocker arms, and clearance the cam bearing seat in order to fit it in the head lol. The web4 is also a good cam but more for drag racing. The hdd5050 is a trail/dune cam. All of the necessary work can be done by HDD if you send him your head. He also will reprogram your dynatek with some sweet custom curves.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heard back from TQS, Just a heads up to anybody buying a tech piston from them. There about 2 weeks out plus shipping time too I assume. Not that big of a deal just FYI...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the bike wasnt what he said it was so I told him I didnt want it. So still looking...Got alot of good parts on the way tho! so maybe it will work out better since I have to wait on that piston anyway.....

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Heard back from TQS, Just a heads up to anybody buying a tech piston from them. There about 2 weeks out plus shipping time too I assume. Not that big of a deal just FYI...
I was told 2 weeks.....6 weeks ago. Anybody know of an equivilent piston in another brand? I need it to be pump gas safe. Got a dune trip coming up early next month and I cant wait that long.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know of one but if you find one let me know because I dont want to wait that long either.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Going to call steve tomarrow. Probably will end up going with the 11.1 to get it running again. Doesnt sound like there is that much of a difference between the two. From what I have read, maybe 1-2 horse.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to call steve tomarrow. Probably will end up going with the 11.1 to get it running again. Doesnt sound like there is that much of a difference between the two. From what I have read, maybe 1-2 horse.
I'll gladly wait for my extra 2 horses! :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts