Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for a new wiring harness. My project bike is an 04 and it's a basket case. It needs pretty much everything. I can't find a source for a brand new harness. Not sure I'm willing to trust a used harness. It's not that I couldnt repair it if needed. But at 200$ for a used one I'd be furious if it needed repairs.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,573 Posts
I seriously doubt you'll find a new one, and if someone had one stashed it would bevery expensive. Yes, a used one would be a gamble and that's where it's necessary to ask the seller questions. Then, if damaged ebay is on your side and will pay for return shipping now. Also, choose on paypal to use your credit card for double protection.

Also, be aware that at least 2001 and maybe 2002 (IDK) use a different harness then your '04. I just looked on ebay and some were listed for $65-$155 and then best offer was accepted.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
2001 is the unique one - a 2001 CDI needs a 2001 harness and vice versa

2002-2005 harnesses mix with 2002-2005 CDIs with no issues.

What is wrong with your harness? You only need about 7-10 wires actually connected to make your engine run...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2001 is the unique one - a 2001 CDI needs a 2001 harness and vice versa

2002-2005 harnesses mix with 2002-2005 CDIs with no issues.

What is wrong with your harness? You only need about 7-10 wires actually connected to make your engine run...
Almost all of the connectors have been broke or cut off and all of the wires are broken or but up. I actually just bought another bike so this is going to end up being a parts quad.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Okay - parts are nice to have. Good luck with the new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts