Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some of the pics i took when i was modding and installing the shocks to fit the bike as per the sticky.

AHHHH YES..... The finished product.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the shocks came off a 2006 YFZ 4 fitty and they only have one ride on them. my buddy eric races and replaced them immediately after buying the bike. ill let you guys know tomorrow how much better they feel as im going riding tomorrow and eric will be adjusting them for me as well. but as for just riding around a little they feel great.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
MPTonyT said:
the shocks came off a 2006 YFZ 4 fitty and they only have one ride on them. my buddy eric races and replaced them immediately after buying the bike. ill let you guys know tomorrow how much better they feel as im going riding tomorrow and eric will be adjusting them for me as well. but as for just riding around a little they feel great.
How did you end up liking these? I'm in the middle of installing mine. Just need to do the upper mounts.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
freakin love em. im a heavier rider but they are the bomb compared to the go cart shocks that come on em stock!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
raptorkid700 said:
worth it?
"freakin love em. im a heavier rider but they are the bomb compared to the go cart shocks that come on em stock!!"

I think thats a yes

·
Registered
118 Posts
I weigh 170 pounds, and run 05 yfz shocks valved for my weight, and they work great. Just havta wonder how much better the aftermarket shocks perform! Instaling a pep steering stabilizer next week, can wait to see how the shocks and stabilizer work together.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well I just finished installing my 450 shocks and I love them. My buddy thinks there to stiff. He's about 225lbs. But I'm 285lbs and I think they feel great. Did some jumps that noise dived without bottoming out or hurting me. The only problem is that the rear end seems way to soft now. I need to call TCS.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all i know is my buddy set my shocks for me. he races quads PROAM and combined with a Janssen Steering stabilizer i cant complain one bit!! makes me wonder how much better the ELKA's or Stadiums really are!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
MPTonyT said:
makes me wonder how much better the ELKA's or Stadiums really are!!
My friend has Elka's w/zero preload on the front and rear of his 2001, along with the Elka Rear Linkage. That thing jumps so smooth, and the rearend will squat when taking off to help keep it from wheeling. But thats $3000 worth of Elka stuff.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i cant justify spending that much money on shocks for my quad.... i dont but that good of shocks on my truck..... so ill stick with these...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Prettyboy said:
I'm a 180lb squid......is this a mod anybody could make GOOD use of...or is it more for the advanced rider?
It's good for anyone what doesn't want to pay $600 or more on adjustable shocks. I'm just a back yard rider, and I like them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
GUys,

I have a set for sale 2004 SE shocks with black springs...200$

Jake

·
Registered
261 Posts
ShawnTRD said:
Well I just finished installing my 450 shocks and I love them. My buddy thinks there to stiff. He's about 225lbs. But I'm 285lbs and I think they feel great. Did some jumps that noise dived without bottoming out or hurting me. The only problem is that the rear end seems way to soft now. I need to call TCS.
i'm 260lbs and ride trails, no jumping. what will i notice thats different and will the front end sit lower like a dragster :3question:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.