Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Where I'm at in Ellenville, theres a few miles of trails nothing too big, I know I can get to the overlooks on route 52 I think it is? And the hang glider launch site. I'm not registered and I don't know if I ever will be. What are the benefits of being registered?

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What are the benefits of being registered?
In NY not a dam thing besides not getting a ticket for breaking the law. Been waiting for state trails in NY for 25+years and bet it will be atleast another 25... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
In NY not a dam thing besides not getting a ticket for breaking the law. Been waiting for state trails in NY for 25+years and bet it will be atleast another 25... :rolleyes:
I figured, Ive had cops come after me before but they cant catch a raptor. especially a modded one on its home turf when the the rider knows every nook and cranny of the surrounding 12 miles or so.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Forgot to tell you Dan called me last week we talked for quite a while.....planning on doing some riding when the weather gets better..
Cool , he is a good egg. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where I'm at in Ellenville, theres a few miles of trails nothing too big, I know I can get to the overlooks on route 52 I think it is? And the hang glider launch site. I'm not registered and I don't know if I ever will be. What are the benefits of being registered?
I registered mine after I got it. It's only $20, so not like it's super expensive. There was a bunch of us out riding, had permission to be on the land. Apparently someone didn't think so and called the cops on us. Rather than trying outrun them, just go talk to them. At the end of the trail there was a Broome county sheriff sitting there. I think since we stopped at talked to him, might have been the right thing. He was cool about the whole thing.

Anyways, out of the 7-8 of us there, I was the only one who DIDN'T get a ticket for no tags. Buddy told me the ticket was $80 I think. I told him that could have paid for the reggy and a year's insurance.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Come ride with us at the rally

Link to rally in my signature

·
Registered
296 Posts
I dont have a truck or a trailor to get my bike out there, im not registered either so idk if i could get in to CAW

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It's down south don't need to be registered.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Still, no truck or trailer. otherwise I would.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Got me there.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I registered mine after I got it. It's only $20, so not like it's super expensive. There was a bunch of us out riding, had permission to be on the land. Apparently someone didn't think so and called the cops on us. Rather than trying outrun them, just go talk to them. At the end of the trail there was a Broome county sheriff sitting there. I think since we stopped at talked to him, might have been the right thing. He was cool about the whole thing.

Anyways, out of the 7-8 of us there, I was the only one who DIDN'T get a ticket for no tags. Buddy told me the ticket was $80 I think. I told him that could have paid for the reggy and a year's insurance.
Was the Sheriff Josh D ?? If so yeah he's cool he is my best friends nephew...

Beware that a trooper down here was the NYS hare scramble champion a while back and he will catch your ass...without question the fastest guy on a quad I have ever ridden with, but he's really cool also.. :p

He was telling me years ago a bunch dudes bailed when they pulled up in the Trooper cars, well one dude played it cool and didn't run...he grabbed that dudes quad and ran down the others who did run....true story

playing it cool is the best bet most times.. 8)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

Come join us link in signature to rally only one one the eastcoast for us trai/mx guys every other one at least half way across country to the dunes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know who you are talking about, were friends for years. I got my first car off him!!! He stopped us too, same place different times. There was only 4 of us then, but we all had tags, and didn't think he recognized me at first, but I think since he knew me, we had tags, he let us go.

We BS'd for a bit him racing and if he still rides, so might have helped dunno. But he can be a cocky f'n asshole if you get him going. I couldn't believe it when I found out he was a trooper, dunno how he can get thru doorways cause his head is so big.

Was the Sheriff Josh D ?? If so yeah he's cool he is my best friends nephew...

Beware that a trooper down here was the NYS hare scramble champion a while back and he will catch your ass...without question the fastest guy on a quad I have ever ridden with, but he's really cool also.. :p

He was telling me years ago a bunch dudes bailed when they pulled up in the Trooper cars, well one dude played it cool and didn't run...he grabbed that dudes quad and ran down the others who did run....true story

playing it cool is the best bet most times.. 8)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I know who you are talking about, were friends for years. I got my first car off him!!! He stopped us too, same place different times. There was only 4 of us then, but we all had tags, and didn't think he recognized me at first, but I think since he knew me, we had tags, he let us go.

We BS'd for a bit him racing and if he still rides, so might have helped dunno. But he can be a cocky f'n asshole if you get him going. I couldn't believe it when I found out he was a trooper, dunno how he can get thru doorways cause his head is so big.
LOL

he can back it up on the track I know first hand he is fast.. :D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Who all is up in the Watertown/Syracuse area? I hadn't planned on bringing my Raptor out here from Michigan, but if there are enough people to ride with and a place/places to ride on a regular basis, I'll drive home and get it. Anyway, hope to hear from some of you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scott,Scottie14823,From Canisteo N.Y.

There is a Place in Andover to Ride... it's Called Tall Pines it's at the kent Farm.
Fishers ATV show had a t.v. show on Tall Pines at trails.

http://www.tallpinesatvpark.com/index.html

There is also The Jasper N.Y. ATV fun Runs Twice a year....

And trails at lake Demons in Howard N.Y.

If any Locals Want to hook up and Take out the quads, I have a Truck and trail, for my 01 raptor 660 and 99 quadrunner 4x4 500cc.

Toss me a P.M. And lets Hook up and Ride as the weather breaks, Or Know while we can get out and Drift on seasonal Limited Roads....

Scottie14823

·
Registered
437 Posts
where are these trails at howard? my dads good friends with the guy that owns palmber farms so im down there a bit got an adress? and how big is it? plus i have a aunt that lives in jasper where and when are those? me and my bro might be going to andover next month

41 - 60 of 151 Posts