Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my RS-3 Comp System and took it for a spin down the road and when I stopped there was white smoke coming out of the tailpipe, it wasnt a lot but you could clearly see it. It almost smelled like something burning. Is this normal or do I have a problem somewhere???
Thanks fo any info!

·
Registered
827 Posts
when i put mine on it did the same thing. it is normal to have that as it is burning of the excess BS thats in the muffler to include the oil used to make it... no worries it will stop after a short ride. did you end up jetting it? if so then what are your stats?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright cool, it's the first full system Ive ever ordered so I was a little worried. After the first ride those headers are insanely red it's pretty bad ass lookin'! haha

I haven't yet rejetted but I will soon because it kinda runs like shit right now, but sounds like a beast going down the road! 8) What did you end up going with?

·
Registered
827 Posts
right now if im correct im running 160/165 mains, 27.5 pilots, DJ needle on thrid clip and three turns out on the fuel screw. im also running the pro design intake with billet adapter and no lid. i will double check when i get my pipe back...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna try the 160/165 also becasue I have the pro flow kit with adapter and I want to run no lid. I have the filter for the breather so I might as well test it out! What Jet Kit did you go with?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Yosh RS-3 too and mine smoked like crazy for several minutes when I first started it, it said in my directions that the excess oil would burn probably cause it to smoke.. it runs great though. Did your headers get blue after riding it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have a yosh full system and had the same issue. I do have another question for you guys, what do you clean the pipe with, mine is about 4 years old and is starting to show a yellowish wear color tint, any ideas? :help:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my Yosh directions it says use rubbing alcohol?? I dont know if it will take off the yellowish tint you have.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, no problem. Let us know how it goes and if it works!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also forgot to mention that when the spark arrestor comes out, so do the police... :grin_nod: haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey MPTONY i have the same mods but with lid on that u have except im running everything STock inside the carbs..are those mains a DJ or u got them from ur dealer? do u know what i should b running?? im like 60-100 asl temp 82-86 F also i have stage 1 hotcams and a wiseco 11:1 (both not installed) what should i b using ?? wo lid?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What jet kit would you guy's recommend that is affordable? :help:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Raptor_09 said:
What jet kit would you guy's recommend that is affordable? :help:
Either the Dynojet kit or the gyt-r. I don't think there's a very big price difference but I'm pretty sure the dynojet kit comes with more jets to play around with

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pretty sure those kits don't come with the pilot jet.
I used JETSRUS.COM and ordered everything individual $3 for main jets $7 for pilots.
Good info on "how to" jetting and reading plugs at the site.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i ordered the DJ kit at first thinking thats all i would need...... NOT. was running WWWAAAYYY lean so i decided to go to the dealership and contact my buddy charlie at CDBMotorsports.com and get what the dealer didnt have... im running all Mikuni Mains and pilots.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts