Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm new to the sport quad game. I have a 2005 Big Bear 400 setup for mud and underwater activities. I also ride a 2006 R1. I picked up a 2006 Raptor 700 from my friend for a great price and couldn't pass it up. Ive been a member for a couple months trying to do my research on them b/c I wanted one for awhile now. Luckily, this one kinda fell into my lap about 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to spending all my money on this toy as well :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome, the raptor is such a fun quad. Especially once you start dropping in some mods, it really opens it up

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
dirt wheels says that a pipe and programmer will get you 10hp more.... welcome

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, the raptor is such a fun quad. Especially once you start dropping in some mods, it really opens it up
It's pretty fun compared to my mud machine lol

dirt wheels says that a pipe and programmer will get you 10hp more.... welcome
any particular pipe or tuner to get that power? I see that a lot of people prefer the dual dmc setup most. I've been looking at a single system just bc I want low end power. I know I could do sprocket changes and achieve the same goal, but I just don't see myself doing top speed runs on this to where I would use a lot of top end power. But, like I said, I'm new to this so maybe someone could give me some tips on good power combos

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you like the Big Bear? I'm thinking of getting an older 350 because the Grizzlies are so expensive around here.
I love my big bear! It will make it anywhere the big powered atvs will. It has a great power to weight ratio. With my 28's on it, I can go about anywhere I want to. It just doesn't have the ground clearance bc it's a straight axle rear vs IRS. I've got every mod done to it that is available and it's amazing. I'll never get rid of it bc it's a great machine.....just wish it wasnt carb'd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts