Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright I just received my new HMF Bill Ballance Carbon Fiber Pro for my rappy and I've got two questions about what I received. Bare with me as it's my first ever aftermarket exhaust. I've got the small circled screen that's shaped like half of an egg hollowed out which I'm assuming is the spark arrester. Which way does that install (does the hollow end face towards the outlet of the pipe or the inlet). Then I also received a long cylindrical tube with a screen on it is this also part of the spark arrestor or is this the quiet core. Wasn't sure because I didn't order the quiet core but wanted to find out before I installed it. Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
The cylindrical screen is the torque range modifier and the other one is the arrestor, which the rounded end would normally point inward toward the pipe. The quiet core has its own arrestor if you buy it. I am interested in the same pipe but dont know if it will take the quiet core because of the torque range modifier. If it wont, in my case I would probably need to buy the quiet series. If anyone knows the answer to that one let me know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got her installed and uploaded the map to my PCIII and I have to say I'm very pleased. I've got the TRM in it right now haven't tried the spark arrestor. I love the look and performance of the pipe, only downfall is it really barks when you get on it, but for me our OHV park doesn't have any neighbors so it shouldn't become an issue. :grin_nod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts