Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sound stupid, but what exactly is jetting?? i think i need to jet my carbs, i bought a 2001 660 and the needle seems to be getting stuck cause the revs are going up and holding for a little during idle..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would it make such a difference? all i'm planning on doing is getting a EHS Air Box Cover

·
Registered
343 Posts
your hanging idle is probably due to a lean or dirty pilot. another thing to check and inspect would be your throttle cable. it may be sticking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, since i am new to this i gotta ask.. lol

what is the pilot and where is it.. and how do i get the atv to run more lean??

also.. the guy i bought it from was messing with what i THINK is the timing.. he was turning a little screw and spring near the starter clutch .. but he didnt seem to know what he was doing.. any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
343 Posts
in the carb sticky there are pictures of where the air/fuel screws are. the easiest way to adjust them is to pull them off. turn the screws in all the way and be careful not to tighten them too much. count the number of turns in and then go from there. turn them back out and start with 1/4 less turns. trial and error. good luck

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Silver Bullet, if i understand you right, that is the idle screw. It is exposed, meaning you can adjust easily without removing parts, and somewhat near the valve on the gas tank that say on/off/res. Turn it in for a faster idle and out for a slower idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts