Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently joined the site and aquired a 2005 LE Raptor 660 and had a quick question pertaining to exhaust. My Raptor currently has an HMF quiet race series full exhaust on it which I like but after seeing the Monster dual setup Im thinking about switching. My question is is this a good move or no. Right now the quad is jetted for the K&N and exhaust (according to previous owner) so if I get the dual setup would if have to be rejetted? And if I did decide to buy the Monster what could I sell the HMF setup for (its in great shape)? I have been trolling the site for a little bit and am learning as I go. Thanks in advance guys. Matt

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey guys I recently joined the site and aquired a 2005 LE Raptor 660 and had a quick question pertaining to exhaust. My Raptor currently has an HMF quiet race series full exhaust on it which I like but after seeing the Monster dual setup Im thinking about switching. My question is is this a good move or no. Right now the quad is jetted for the K&N and exhaust (according to previous owner) so if I get the dual setup would if have to be rejetted? And if I did decide to buy the Monster what could I sell the HMF setup for (its in great shape)? I have been trolling the site for a little bit and am learning as I go. Thanks in advance guys. Matt
I'd say if you have the money go for it, the duals look sick and add power especially on top. It will have to be re jetted to accommodate for the dual pipes. A good HMF in "great shape" you should get around $250.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yes it'd need rejecting unless it flowed exactly the same which I doubt. So yes you'd need to rejet willykiller knows 660's in an out. He even builds 3 plug heads for them. I'd like to see a 3 plug 700 head though. Hopefully someone can tell you what size jets and pilots for the new exhaust. I love the FI on the 700 loading maps is easier than re jetting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts