Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Been on here for a while learning about these sweet machines. Just bought an 09 SE last week with 114 miles. Thanks for all the great threads with tons of info, they came in very handy when looking for an atv. Here is a couple pics of some of my toys.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Great new rappy, and that's a very nice Brute Force too!

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Nice, & welcome to the site.8)

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
welcome to the site.good looking rides.best of both world's:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'm glad i found this site. Everyone on here has very nice rides and seems very knowledgeable about these things. They are a little different than the cars i worked on, so i'm sure i will have lots of questions as things happen. So far i got a ton of things i wanna do to it, but first off it is just ride! Had a KFX450R and 500 Predator before getting the ol' brute, but neither compares to the Raptor!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Love my 09 SE...Welcome to the site...Eat beans!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i like that color desing on that year and the white ones with the graphics on it. where in MN are you in? im in blaine.

the very first thing i would do is change the rear tires. they dont grab hardly at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like that color desing on that year and the white ones with the graphics on it. where in MN are you in? im in blaine.

the very first thing i would do is change the rear tires. they dont grab hardly at all.
I found a pretty good deal on an 09 and a 10 hold-over in Wi. and didn"t know which to get. I like the color of the 09's and the decals of the 10's. Found a great deal within a couple hours drive here in MN, so I took it. I have had quads before, but this is the biggest! Just wanna ride it for a little while. I know what you mean, I had holeshots on my other two rides and really miss them! Gotta sell my car before I start modding this out (not enough room and money). I am about 30 min west of Mankato.

Has anyone else had issues with the decals peeling? I know its an 09 but the thing is like new (100 mi.). No scratches cracks or signs of abuse, but at least half of the decals are peeling bad! Do I need to pull these off and replace them??? What has everyone done?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Bought my 09 se september 2010 no problems with the stickers. Garanty still good? extended? Just an idea...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey fella's, im new to these forums as well. I just put a down payment on a New 2009 700r SE today and am going to pick it up tuesday.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Way to go and post some pics up when you get it! cool and welcome to the family!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i was cleaning up the raptor the other day, and the decals/stickers came right off! Oh well, i was going to have to do that sooner or later to apply a clear protective film to the rear fenders. Just picked up this GYTR front bumper from TopSpeed and needed some input. Should I go with black nerfs and rear grab bar pc'n front bumper, or leave the bumper and go aluminum finnish on the other parts?
I'm thinking of going with these nerfs.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_pop.jsp?skuId=515713&imgId=0
And this rear bar.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_pop.jsp?skuId=493793&imgId=0

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I have the same raptor se, same year and i would pc them all glossy black!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am actually thinking about the pc kit in the eastwood mag i saw. would be nice to do it all right in the garage! Then throw in a pizza:lol:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice ride and go black with the bumper and nerf bars as well as the grab bar

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the same raptor se, same year and i would pc them all glossy black!
Welcome to the site, nice ride and go black with the bumper and nerf bars as well as the grab bar
Thanks guys, that's kinda the way i was leaning. I was thinking i might do the swingarm and a arms too. But that is in the future, gotta get my other project done first. (sell my car):(

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
the motor can be powder coated also LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts