Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI everybody first off I should have taken to a mech, but here's what happen I bought a used 700 from a friend, got to ride for about a hour, and one or more rear sprocket bolts came loose and I broke a sprocket. Took the wheel and hub off easy ask my friend how to get the hub off he said just beat it off WRONG answer anyway I bent the fingers on hub. Another friend said that I had to remove an o ring didn't work wound up cutting off with a grinder not easy but got it done. Thinking I got this bought one on e bay used 30.00 bux all new parts 150.00 went with e bay used. Yamaha ordered what I thought was a o ring in the parts pic paid 7.20 waited 7 days came in today its a rubber o ring just what we ordered not what I wanted found out I need a circlip that is not pictured. Cost .57 ordered 2 will this just slide over the axle into the hub from the sprocket side or do i have to remove the brakes and remove the axle? Again I should of taken it to a mech in the first place. I really need some free good advice I hate to go this far and now have to take it to a mech for 90.00 hr please help this newbe wife is already pissed off cuz I broke my toy that I just had to have. You married guys know what that's about lol thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
You need to remove the axle from the brake hub side. There's a good sticky written by tahitianrider and also a procedure in the OEM service manual which is also available for download in one of the other stickies.

Rough luck with the whole ordeal, while it may seem second nature to some people around here there are many parts of an atv that if you don't know the proper procedure can be quite difficult to figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts