Hi everyone i am new here and just bought a brand new 2010 raptor 700r SE
Been doing lots of reading on site lots of good info here
The bike is stock and will be staying that way for the first year
my name is Desmond Thanks
I live in Alberta Canada so will be doing lots of trails and some sand dunes

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Right on Desmond! You bought the best all around quad in the world hahaha! It's a lot like a little family around here and there is some great knowledge to be found. Don't buy anything for your ride without checking in here first because most of us know all of the right mods to get and what are gimmicks. Check out tqsatv.com for some of the good stuff! And great buys on tires at rockymountain.com

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Welcome to the family, like carp says check here 1st before buying anything for your raptor. always good deals to be had here. And the best venders with great price's. Enjoy:beer:.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Desmond, welcome. Yeah, this is one of my favorite ATV sites. I have learned sooooo much on this forum - it's sick. After a while you will be able to decifer who knows their stuff and who's pretending. And I have to admit occaisionally I end up laughing out loud at some hilarious comments.

IMO - if you are looking to mod it, I would work on the suspension first, then horsepower.

Giddy up!

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
welcome,ya that's a good choice keeping it stock for a little while ,sence you just got it and it's new .just make sure you read the manual on the break in time for it .that way all is good.alot of reading on here good info.plus when you do decide to modded it don't worry about asking question's .what color is it ? post some pic's of it too! :D

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Welcome Desmond and congrats on the new Rappy :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
welcome, good luck keeping it stock for the 1st year thats what i said and put more money than i tought i would into it lol. The raptor is best all around quad like carpenter said,so you should be happy with it. good luck with it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bike is white and black with tribal art on bike going on to seat with red frame it came with nurf bars and front bumper
Its still sitting in show room floor at dealer as i had to go back to work and we still have 3 plus feet of snow on the ground
And for keeping it stock for 1 year yes i have to as it took lots of sweet talking to wife to get bike and a week in banff alberta with one of her girl freinds
So when i get home from work in 3 weeks i pick it up and do lots of reading and riding
As soon as i pick it up and figure out how to post picture i will add some
Thanks everyone for the info

·
Registered
361 Posts
There are plenty of "covert" mods as well as a few things that "came like that from the factory honey" to do to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts