Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very new to this forum and just was looking for comments/concerns.

I have a 08 700 se and was wanting to get either a +4 or +6 swing arm for it and also some +2 front A arms in the future. I like to ride both the sand dunes and trail riding. I really dont want to replace the rear oem shock either if possible.

I guess my main goal is to get a wider longer stance for stabilitly and still keep the Rappy versital for both. Been told if I wanna trail ride the swing arm isnt a good idea???

Thank you :)

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
All I do is ride trails and I have a +4" swing arm and +2" A-arms and it works great! I have no problem manuvering even in tight trails, the +4" swing arm made it take the whoops much better and ride better too!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the big 3... Full Hmf exhuast, Dobeck and a pro design velosity intake/K&N filter. Thinking of going Barker or DMC duals and a HC3 cam here soon.

Thanks for the input Fl. Woods!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I think you'd be fine with stock or a +2 swingarm for that mild build.

I've owned a +2 and a +4 swingarm. I ran stock when I had my big 3 (with duals). Then I went for a +2 swingarm after adding a piston and HC2 and loved it. Worked great in trails and sand.

After my next build I went with a +4 because of the added power, but really missed the +2. I liked the way it handled better. The +4 wasn't nearly as nimble and just felt more like a limo to me. As FL Woods mentioned, it does soak up the whoops more having the longer wheel base.

I also ran +2 a-arms. They helped tremendously with stability, but I wasn't able to ride some of the tighter trail areas because I was just too wide. It's all a give and take. They worked well in the sand, but I wouldn't run them in the trails I ride (some very narrow, tight trails).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts