Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Raptor peeps. I just purchased my first quad (2011 Raptor 350). I am an avid sports car and truck enthusiast so I am definitely into modding my toys. Problem is, I have discovered that these quads are very different from what I am used to working on and tuning.

I have an aftermarket air filter and exhaust in mind. But if I do these two mods together, is it neccessary to re-jet it instantly to compensate for added air induction? Or can it wait a few months down the road? I know elevation is a factor as well. I live in southern Louisiana. Any suggestions or ideas? I bought an entry level ATV since its my first, but I already want more power!

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You'll like the HMF Competition Series and several others on the Raptor 350. I have tons of favorites, but the Competition series sticks out because of the adjustable sound output endcaps. I'd also go with a Pro Design Foam/K&N Filter for extra power and convenience.

http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/exhaust/slip-on/ (Exhaust Link)
http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/tuning-management/intake-kits/ (Intake Kits)

You'll need to make jetting adjustments, but sometimes just moving the clip and adding a larger main will put the A/F ratio where it needs to be.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have hmf& pro design filter kit both very nice do the re-jet right away hard on your engine if you dont it will be lean and you wont get the total performance out of it if you dont do re-jet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey man, congrats on the new raptor!! I have same one and bought for a lot of same reasons! I absolutely love mine, although its a entry level machine, it is a load of fun! I have no trouble standing mine up in 2nd and its plenty of power to scoot through the trails, and mud, etc,... I am definitely going to upgrade the intake/exhaust and get her breathing but even stock its a lot of fun! I'm 32 yrs old and been riding dirtbikes and mostly 3 wheelers all my life, and having the suspension and the added power and stability sure makes for some great trail days!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
hmf comp, foam clamp on filter kit, air box lid off, 150 main jet and 45 pilot. that should make you happy. feel free to pm me with any questions

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for the info guys! So can anyone recommend a jet kit or will the Yamaha GYTR do the trick? Don't they all come with different mains and pilots so it can be tuned precisely based on mods and elevation?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
go to your local dealership and pick up a 147.5 150 and 155 main (youll most likely use the 150) and a 45 pilot. jets there will probably be 2 to 5 dollars each

1 - 7 of 7 Posts