Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, New to the site just found it today.
I need a new hoby and have been interested in quads for some time now. Im 23 and a tall lad at 6ft4 so i dont want anything small.
Im thinking of getting a Raptor 660 and seen how that goes, im hoping to take myself and my gf to some nice country rides in the summer so it also needs to be able to carry the 2 of us from time to time.
Any advice or help would be great on what to look for when buying one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome! Good site, lots of good help around here.... :thumbsup:
660 raptor is a good bike, and takes good to modifications in all departments, plague with one-way starter is about the only real problem with the bikes .. Its also real good at carrying two people, even though its highly not recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neah not really into utilitiy quads mate, Its not going to be a full time 2 person just now and then if she wants to go off for the day some place. More to see the sites off road rather than anything having fun thrashing around. And then when im out on my own it'll be what i bought it for :) Me having some fun and enjoying off roading.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
should work out pretty well for what you want. I am 6'4" and I feel small on anything under 500cc. I have taken my gf out a few times riding doubles, it kills the handling but if you can adjust for it, its not too bad.... she now has her on z400 I bought for her about a year ago...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
don't buy an 01 with the stock tranny. They tend to fail. Other than that, they are all about the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
carrier bearing, its the bearing the rear axel rides in. There known to go bad on stock swing arms. Just pick the rear of the quad up and have someone try to wiggle the rear axel back and fourth. If it moves at all, its bad and should be replaced, does that makes sense?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.