Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here’s my intro, I’m Travis! I live in central Illinois. Just bought my 2020 700se about a month ago. I used to ride dirt bikes growing up my entire life. Had a bad accident about 12 years ago and got out of off road riding. Had an itch to ride again so figured I’d switch over to a quad and see what it’s like. Ended up impulse buying a brand new 2020. Owned it for a month now and I haven’t even ridden it an hour yet 😅😂

So far I put a full barkers single can exhaust on it, PCV, FCI intake with an open box, and some gytr nerfs. I haven’t ridden it enough to even know if it’s running rich/lean currently. I plan to contact Cuervo for the AIS delete and ask him for map help.

I still have a few more things I wanna do to it,

new handle bars/grips, will most likely go with odi, had them on my ski/levers and possibly hand guards

New tires for sure (so torn on which products to even start with)

Metal heel guards

And I think that’ll be just about it to start with 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will be mostly doing trail riding, any tips or personal input is welcomed!

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks good man. Like 99% of the guys here I run GBC XC Masters. A bit heavy, but insane traction and durability. I actually got talked into it by asking questions just like you. Very happy with them so far.
Also, you can get a map off of Dynojets website for your mods. Choose one that’s close if you don’t see exact.

The FCI mod I don’t think is on their list of maps so I’d just richen up the map a few points above 5500rpm and 20% throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not worried about a little extra weight from the tires. It’s not a race bike. But if they’re worth the money vs having the stock tires then I’ll probably go for those!

I really like the appearance of the cat ambush tires for fronts! Was considering just buying a matching set of all 4. Do you have any personal experience with those?

·
Registered
417 Posts
No just the stock 2009 tires and the xc masters. The xc masters are almost the least inexpensive tires you could possibly buy for your quad and about the best traction.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I remember I ran the same front tires as you and I didn’t mind them. They are pretty decent as far as traction goes, but I chose to replace them anyway. The GBC fronts have a single tall tread pattern down the middle that you mainly ride on, which made it incredibly easy to steer compared to stock. And better traction too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome fellow Illinois rider and congrats on the new bike. Maybe see you out at Fox Valley offroad one day if we ever get a decent weather day.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I’m not worried about a little extra weight from the tires. It’s not a race bike. But if they’re worth the money vs having the stock tires then I’ll probably go for those!

I really like the appearance of the cat ambush tires for fronts! Was considering just buying a matching set of all 4. Do you have any personal experience with those?
Congrats on the new toy! I love the color, it looks great. Ambush tires were on 2 different quads i purchased used, and i dont really like them personally. Seems like they wear out pretty fast. But i see tons of people running them so maybe im missing something?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts