Raptor Forum banner

Newbie replacing stock grab bar

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  xskater2099 
#1 ·
I just bought my 2007 Raptor 700r. I'm in love!! My first ATV grew up on dirt bikes. Took it out for the first time this weekend and bent my grab bar and cracked the weld practicing wheelie. Now the plastic under seat holding the brake light keep coming loose. I don't want to order one and have it just be bolt on grab bar. I want the full assembly that hold the brake light and fender mounts also. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks kt

#4 ·
I'm looking for something aftermarket. I want something a little more beefy. Thanks tho melonfarmer. Racer30 I was thinking about it replaceing all of it. Do you know if they have a tail light plastic that mounts up more secure to the grab bar? They way it just slips over the rubber boots on the grab bar. I don't think is strong enough for the riding I do

#5 ·
Maybe not strong enough for the damage you do....lol. But, the stock ones hold up fine for themselves and the plastics if you don`t ride on top of `em....lol. Better to break your grab bar than your subframe, if you have to ride on the rear of the bike.

Most aftermarket ones will mount the plastic underseat light box the same way the stock one mounts.....To have a safety backup for the light box....drill a small hole in the plastics through the section of the rear plastics where people put the tool kit/owners manual and through the light box plastics and place a small bolt and nut, with washers through to hold the two plastics together. This will hold your plastic light box in place while you`re riding on your grab bar....lol.

~ Sandaddy 8)

#7 ·
I wasn't dragging by the end of the day it just took a lil bit to get use to torque lol. I didn't think i hit real hard looked back and it was 2 inches outta whack. It straightened out but the light kept coming loose on the trails. The plastics are still in good shape so if it still happens when i replace the grab bar I'll try the nut and bolt idea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.