Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I have a 2006 Raptor 350. :thumbsup: Pics to come later. So far the only 2 mods I have done are the K&N filter and a Yoshimura full exhaust. Are there any other mods I can do to get top or bottom end :help: ?!

:grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Changing your gearing is a great way to take advantage of the power you've already got.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts

If not already done opening up the air box and a prodesign style intake will help with proper jetting.

I went down to a 12 tooth front sprocket on my warrior and I liked how it helped the low end power for trail riding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bberck said:

If not already done opening up the air box and a prodesign style intake will help with proper jetting.

I went down to a 12 tooth front sprocket on my warrior and I liked how it helped the low end power for trail riding. :thumbsup:
I have been told both of these things. Is taking the cover off the air box safe for the bike. I have a slip on cover for the K&N filter by Pro Design. I do have a jet kit I just don't know how to do it. Also I have been told about the front sprocket, my only problem with that is I am a fairly light guy and I can't keep the front end of the bike down through 1st and 2nd, and sometimes 3rd. Will this problem increase with a 12 tooth sprocket.

Thanks for all the info! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea it will. Its like riding a mountain bike, the smaller the front sprocket is, the easier it is to pedal, therefore easier to accelerate. with a smaller front sprocket, your low end will accelerate faster, but your top end will be slower over all. If your having problems holding it down now, i wouldnt suggest changing the stock one untill you get used to riding it, or you might just flip the machine backwards :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vile said:
yea it will. Its like riding a mountain bike, the smaller the front sprocket is, the easier it is to pedal, therefore easier to accelerate. with a smaller front sprocket, your low end will accelerate faster, but your top end will be slower over all. If your having problems holding it down now, i wouldnt suggest changing the stock one untill you get used to riding it, or you might just flip the machine backwards :lol:
I think the bike has more than enough low end. How can I get more top end?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all good stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My next question might sound stupid but here goes........Does high octane fuel make a difference in performance? 8)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
LAND_LOVER69 said:
This is all good stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My next question might sound stupid but here goes........Does high octane fuel make a difference in performance? 8)
Not a stupid question, it's actually a question that's fielded often around here. On a car with a fuel system that's trained to recognize the difference yes it's possible for there to be a performance difference. But the vast majority of the time an internally stock atv like the 350 will not benefit from higher octane fuels. Oxygenated fuel is a different story and that requires rejetting to compensate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK! I need to backtrack to when I said the bike keeps coming off the ground! Today I put the Pro Design condom over the K&N filter and took the air box lid off! The bike rolls out nice (still havn't rejetted yet). Now I'm noticing that the bike does nothing but spin throughthe gears as I'm on a straight away! I'm thinking about some new tires and wheels. I ride 99% dirt trails (or mud if it's been raining :crazy:) and grass fields. Any suggestions on brand of tires and wheels? :help:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like maxxas razr tires for the rear and Maxxas razr 2 tires for the front. You can't go wrong with douglas wheels they look great and clean up well with soap and water. Mabey once a year do you have to polish them.
Here is my rappy 350:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yoshi350 said:
I like maxxas razr tires for the rear and Maxxas razr 2 tires for the front. You can't go wrong with douglas wheels they look great and clean up well with soap and water. Mabey once a year do you have to polish them.
Here is my rappy 350:
Thanks for the info! I just ordered the razrII for the front and back! Mounted on ITP wheels! :thumbsup: Along with a bumper to replace the plastic stock one that I fugged up the first week I had the bike! :eek: I ran into thet back of a Honda! :grin_nod: Go figure........He was going too slow! :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts