Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted introduce myself My name is Jon and I am from NY I am new to the Raptor seen. Have rebuilt at least 10 blasters so I decided to try a Raptor. New to them so it will be a huge learning experience. Here is my 2005 660R

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome bud, what are you gonna do first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome bud, what are you gonna do first?
Thanks pal There are a view things I need to do before I start adding “fun” parts. Needs new tires... want to replace the battery... and the previous owner put a push button because the OEM kill switch/start button was inoperable so I’d like to replace back to OEM. Then I wanna make sure she is running right.... just not quite sure how to do that yet lol Then I’m thinking exhaust for first “fun” mod. Need a front bumper also at some point.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That’s cool. Glad she runs well already. I can see tires for sure, and as for the start button I also replaced mine with a dirtbike style kill switch that now operates the starter. My cluster worked fine but eliminating it really cleaned up the bars. Something to consider, it’s not all bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s cool. Glad she runs well already. I can see tires for sure, and as for the start button I also replaced mine with a dirtbike style kill switch that now operates the starter. My cluster worked fine but eliminating it really cleaned up the bars. Something to consider, it’s not all bad.
You have a pic of what you used to replace it? Any chance you still have OEM switch lol

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have the 700 I think they are different anyway, but I threw that giant cluster right in the trash lol. I’ll post a pic in a sec here.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I did away with the factory kill switch and ran a three position toggle for fog lights/low beams and then a starter button too. I may add one more toggle so I can run my factory high beams too. Was kind of a strange set up how that light switch was wired OEM.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did away with the factory kill switch and ran a three position toggle for fog lights/low beams and then a starter button too. I may add one more toggle so I can run my factory high beams too. Was kind of a strange set up how that light switch was wired OEM.

Awesome setup! Looks good Way to new at this to figure out how to do that ha

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well if you have a manual, which I’m pretty sure is stickied on the top of the 660 forum, them you can read the wiring diagrams. I think that’s prob the easiest way if you have a cobbled cluster from the previous owner. And don’t be shy, if you have questions just ask. QuadManiac will most def be by to help you with anything technical. Good luck brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts