Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!
I just bought a 01' 660R on Craigslist, and went from there right to the dealer to get it looked over. I have been riding bikes in one way, shape, or form for about 35 years. But this is my first Quad. I have ran through the stickies and have gathered some info, but does anyone have info that might be useful that wasn't in the stickies? I am trying to find out as much as I can about it as possible before taking it out for the weekend. Is it reliable like a tank, or is it going to be temperamental and need to be gone through after every outing? Any and all advice/tips are welcome.
Thanks,
Super D.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I bought a 2002 and for the first 3 weekends i rode it I kept notes on it. First thing wass the fact that the kid I got it from said it needed a clutch, I changed to oil 2 times and got all the crud out of it and all is good. Second was the one way clutch went out. 3rd was the front sprocket, 4th was the Having a great weekend with no problems. Just think of it like buying a used car, get things the way YOU like it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Hey there!
I just bought a 01' 660R on Craigslist, and went from there right to the dealer to get it looked over. I have been riding bikes in one way, shape, or form for about 35 years. But this is my first Quad. I have ran through the stickies and have gathered some info, but does anyone have info that might be useful that wasn't in the stickies? I am trying to find out as much as I can about it as possible before taking it out for the weekend. Is it reliable like a tank, or is it going to be temperamental and need to be gone through after every outing? Any and all advice/tips are welcome.
Thanks,
Super D.
Super D, '01's are known for having a bad transmission, and they changed it up in '02. Now, that's not to say that everyone with an '01 has the problem, because there are many that don't, myself included, at least to this point. Some choose to go ahead and just change out with an '02+ tranny, others wait til it goes out and then change, up to you.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
i like that statement HK 45 Nut "get things the way YOU like it"...problem with that you will get caught in the buy buy buy fever!

Good look Super D! Take some time to read thru the active topic's..there is alot of information on this site. Alot of good dudes as well....welcome to the community

1 - 4 of 4 Posts