Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my 04 Raptor 350. I just bought a week ago. Im still learning about the quad since I rushed into it and didnt find to much out about the quad before I bought it. I know that who owned it before me was a moron and didn't know how to fix ANYTHING. So far i've replaced the throttle assembly, the ignition with 2 new keys, the chain, and new grips. Oil and oil filter change. Air filter change.

It already had pro-taper bars. They took the baffle out of the exhaust. everything else is stock. It needs swing arm bearings,tires and some love here and there.

The quad smokes a little on start-up and then stops. Has a little hic-up through the carb which im still trying to iron out. Other than that she's a little scratched up but i like the quad alot.

Now onto some questions. I want to get a slip on pipe. something cheap for now. and a k&n filter. Do i have to change the jets if i do so? I will eventually but I dont know enough to do the jets myself. Any suggestions would be great as well. Thanks guys. Hope to make a nice build out of this one

Forgot to mention thats my friends 2011 Raptor 700. I bought mine 3 days after he got his. Hes only 5'5 and about 130lbs. The quad is WAY to much for him.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You do not have to change the jets if you add a pipe or a K&N Filter but you should get a Power Commander or something so your quad runs better with your mods.

You might think about adding some SeaFoam to you gas tank and oil to get all the gunk out too. Check it out on youtube. It's good stuff. It also acts as a fuel stabilizer if your quad sits for too long.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts