Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a pro design, pcIII and sa removed. with the stock plug, i had the map perfect, from what i could tell. The plug was a tanish color, and the exhaust never popped on decelleration. now with the ngk irradium, the plug is extremely white and it pops on decelleration. i tried to adjust the pcIII for teh hotter plug but i just cant get it perfect.
has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
are you still running a CR8E......or did you go to a CR6E?? If you went with a hotter plug (6) then thats the problem

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i did not go with the 6. the part number is cr8eix. im probably just gonna take it out. between me an my friends we have 4 bikes with teh same mods and they all started popping after the plug swap, so we richened the map a little, but there are still some rpm ranges that the bikes pop and the plugs are a little to white for me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I haven't had any popping on decel but my bike runs hotter now that I have done the plug change. I thought it was just me so I picked up a stock plug and it definitely is running hotter. Performance wise I can't tell a difference but my fan comes on much more with the NGK.

Craig,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts