Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanting someone who has accsess to a dyno to test a few spark plugs for the raptor to see if theres any power gain. The NGK CR10EK part #2360 adds 12hp to yamaha Apex sleds. Dyno proven. It has a duel ground which leaves the bottom of the plug open. Try these plugs. NGK CR8EK (3478), NGK CR9EK (4548), and NGK CR10EK (2360). I belive the Apex is supposed to have one step hotter plug, so going colder might work with these plugs.

!cid__0407011756.jpg

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I wanting someone who has accsess to a dyno to test a few spark plugs for the raptor to see if theres any power gain. The NGK CR10EK part #2360 adds 12hp to yamaha Apex sleds. Dyno proven. It has a duel ground which leaves the bottom of the plug open. Try these plugs. NGK CR8EK (3478), NGK CR9EK (4548), and NGK CR10EK (2360). I belive the Apex is supposed to have one step hotter plug, so going colder might work with these plugs.

View attachment 47951
The Apex has a four cylinder sled engine, and operates at a very high rpm, in excess of 10,000rpm, this is where a good or bad plug will show........

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Apex has a four cylinder sled engine, and operates at a very high rpm, in excess of 10,000rpm, this is where a good or bad plug will show........
Yah, we put them in my dads 2 yamaha atacks 1000cc 4cyl. You could here the difference at idle. Way more crisp. Im hoping to see a couple hp gain on the raptor

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found the sight. my #"s were way off lol. 12 hp was there air box mod.

Dual Electrode Spark Plug
Increase of consistant 2-3 hp in all 4-stroke applications

·
Registered
311 Posts
with iridium cr9eia-9 that we got from the garbage can that came from a kawi zx10, it gave my raptor 1.5-2 hp over all the powerband vs a new cr8e.tested and tested over and over. next week going to test cr9eia-9 vs cr8eix.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Try the CR9EKPA and it is the same about 1.5 to 2 hp gain according to a reputable builder and crisper throttle response. Mine should be here next week.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
some builds like the plug and some dont.. on a stock bike or 3 mod u wont tell a difference over a NEW stock plug but the EKPA plug does show some hp gains when power is pushed further.... on a build around 70 hp u should see 1 hp thru the fat of the powerband with the EKPA plug

most people wont compare a NEW OEM PLUG to a NEW optional plug thats why so many people swear by the IX plugs

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im pushing 18psi so hopefully a 2hp N/A gain would be a 4hp boost gain

·
Registered
62 Posts
Daniel - would the motor you built for me benefit from one of these plugs? Or is the compression close enough to stock to make it a non issue?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
it would/ will, i may have put one in it already, not sure though

weve got em in stock if you dont have a local dealer

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I went and picked up 2 of those CR9EKPA plugs at O'Reilly's, and my initial impression is that for $10 they are going to be worth it. I havent gotten my bike dynoed yet but I have been running the e3 3.38 plugs and I switched earlier after I picked the new ones up and they burn a lot more efficiently from just the eyeball test. I'll give them two thumbs up for the initial impression but I think that will hold true for the life of the plugs, in conclusion all I can say is WOW!

·
Registered
342 Posts
some builds like the plug and some dont.. on a stock bike or 3 mod u wont tell a difference over a NEW stock plug but the EKPA plug does show some hp gains when power is pushed further.... on a build around 70 hp u should see 1 hp thru the fat of the powerband with the EKPA plug

most people wont compare a NEW OEM PLUG to a NEW optional plug thats why so many people swear by the IX plugs
What spark plug recommendation do you make for a yfz? Stock bore/stroke with mild port and 13:1 piston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts