Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this company or used this kit? I was curious is its a pos or not. Input would be great!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Not bad price, but I'd want a higher compression, personally. As stated above, though, I'e never heard of the Niche 686 offering though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i got this same kit on ebay. the piston compression is stock, not 10:1 like advertised. the piston is a flat top just like stock. the good news is that this cylinder has the 700 sleeve in it making it stronger that a stock cylinder boared out to 102mm. with that said your cases are going to have to be machined for the larger od of the sleeve in the cylinder. i have been running this for about 2 years now and no problems yet.

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Hey Adam,

I'm guessing by your location that you ride in the Ganny?

Have you had any problems with the new sound laws with your Sparks exhaust? I just picked up a Sparks for my 700 and wanted to see if they are testing all the time for sound levels? I am going to pick up a quiet core just to be safe, but that only takes it down to 99 db. :lol:

Maybe we can meet up one weekend and hit the trails?

/ Thread Hi-jack

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
That looks like a stock oem yamaha cast piston to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2001 Raptor 660 with the second gear out. So had dealership fix that and picked up a 686 ebay bore kit for $101. So they fixed gear and put kit in. Plus they said they had to rejet my carb three sizes larger for the bore kit. Raptor been running like a champ!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got this same kit on ebay. the piston compression is stock, not 10:1 like advertised. the piston is a flat top just like stock. the good news is that this cylinder has the 700 sleeve in it making it stronger that a stock cylinder boared out to 102mm. with that said your cases are going to have to be machined for the larger od of the sleeve in the cylinder. i have been running this for about 2 years now and no problems yet.
I thought that piston was not like they advertised,because it looks so simple like the stock piston, I also bought a Niche Big bore kit for my 01 Raptor660r and I had a very nice talk with the seller about the piston,but all they did was refund me some $$,but you say that the cylinder has a 700 sleeve? Because I was thinking of getting an L.A. Sleeve for my stock cylinder, but now reading this I'm going to hold off and just buy a Wiseco piston Kit,102mm 11:1 I think it is....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts