Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have a nitrous system on your raptor? I saw the nitrous kits on techquadshop, I bet thats a hell of a ride. 8)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I can see it making parts wear faster due to the increased compression with each shot. That will also depend on how much you are shooting. I have a 20hp jet that is currently installed and I have a 30hp jet. I was advised that the 20hp jet is fine for my set-up but that the 30hp jet might be a little much for my bottom end. If and when I have any Noss related wear to report I will make sure I let everyone know.

Craig,

·
Registered
241 Posts
We use to stick nos kits on our cars huge improvement , just need to be careful you dont over rev the engine which of course on a bike is limited by the cpu. It doesnt increase any top end speed just makes the engine rev faster which off course will get you to top speed quicker as long as the engine has been built to take the kit you want but a mild kit should be able to bolt on straight away .If you want a biggger kit i would be looking to strengthening the bottom end and maybe a new piston .

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
It doesnt make sense to me why people with no experience with nitrous comment either :3question:

We have had a lot of good experience with boondocker nitrous systems on our yfz's. It is a very simple system to install and it delivers a lot of power.

You can safely run a 20hp shot through a boondocker system without running into any trouble.

We also offer NOS systems which is a wet kit, a little more involved but has the ability to spray more nitrous.

Its really hard to lose a race when your spraying all the way up the hill :grin_nod:

·
Registered
147 Posts
does not make sense why people would listen to some one try to sell them a product when all he cares about is the money .Nos can be safe but no matter what hp shot of nos you use it is harder on your motor .Your motor will not last as long as a motor with out nos have personal exp.with nos

·
Registered
357 Posts
sanbullet said:
does not make sense my people would listen to some one try to sell them a product when all he cares about is the money .Nos can be safe but no matter what hp shot of nos you use it is harder on your motor .Your motor will not last as long as a motor with out nos have personal exp.with nos
Guess your tuner should be fired then. Your comments about N²O are flat out wrong. If a motor is tuned properly it will not harm, damage, wear, detonate or do anything to your motor. Of course any motor that is being modified is going to need to be freshened quicker than a complete stock engine but compare apples to apples. Increasing cylinder pressure with a piston, turbo, supercharger or nitrous - they are all the same. Only different methods to accomplish the same task. If anyone of those mods are done improperly you will have problems. Motors on spray will last just as long as motors with high compression pistons, superchargers, or turbos.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
sanbullet said:
does not make sense my people would listen to some one try to sell them a product when all he cares about is the money .Nos can be safe but no matter what hp shot of nos you use it is harder on your motor .Your motor will not last as long as a motor with out nos have personal exp.with nos
You seem to have a habit of posting crap that contradicts what all the experts are saying. I could discredit almost all your posts you have made recently. Seemed like you keep posting baseless info, so I looked at you recent post and most all of them are complete :bs: Get your facts straight or :stfu:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
sanbullet said:
The only thing I see true in your state is that, yes company's need to make money! And how do you think this happens? ::) Is it from selling crap products and lying? :loser:

·
Registered
783 Posts
What ignition system are you guys on Nitrous running? I have ran nitrous on a raptor for many years but these were all carbed systems. (Kehin and FCR) I have never ran it with the current fuel injection setup. You could run the dynateks with the old carbs setups but is there anything made for the 700 with the FI yet? Unless you have an ignition system that will compensate fuel during a N2O burn, you will run very lean for that period. I have ran wet and the dry (boondockers) setups. I think the dry setup is "less" of a risk then the wet but its all a matter of degrees.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My BossNoss system compensates for the need for added fuel while on the spray by richening up the fuel delivery at the injector. You guys are coming down pretty hard on sandbullet pretty hard but it seems that you also proved his point. He said it would wear faster than a stock motor. True. Does anybody dispute that?

Craig,

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
sanbullet said:
does not make sense my people would listen to some one try to sell them a product when all he cares about is the money.

That is one of the most ridiculous things anyone has EVER said to me. Do you really think im here to rip people off and sell them junk products so i can make a fortune off them? If so you have it all wrong. Im here to provide customers with fantastic prices so they can modify their toys to their liking.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
NVMYRC said:
My BossNoss system compensates for the need for added fuel while on the spray by richening up the fuel delivery at the injector. You guys are coming down pretty hard on sandbullet pretty hard but it seems that you also proved his point. He said it would wear faster than a stock motor. True. Does anybody dispute that?

Craig,
He said it will hurt your motor. It will not hurt your motor. It will... Well I think Chicagoland Atv said it best:
Chicagoland Atv said:
Guess your tuner should be fired then. Your comments about N²O are flat out wrong. If a motor is tuned properly it will not harm, damage, wear, detonate or do anything to your motor. Of course any motor that is being modified is going to need to be freshened quicker than a complete stock engine but compare apples to apples. Increasing cylinder pressure with a piston, turbo, supercharger or nitrous - they are all the same. Only different methods to accomplish the same task. If anyone of those mods are done improperly you will have problems. Motors on spray will last just as long as motors with high compression pistons, superchargers, or turbos.
Read his list of last posts and tell me if you think most are BS, that is all I was saying.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
techquadshop said:
sanbullet said:
does not make sense my people would listen to some one try to sell them a product when all he cares about is the money.

That is one of the most ridiculous things anyone has EVER said to me. Do you really think im here to rip people off and sell them junk products so i can make a fortune off them? If so you have it all wrong. Im here to provide customers with fantastic prices so they can modify their toys to their liking.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Pile I will have to agree with you. I went through and looked at a few of his posts. No information just trying to shoot stuff down.

Craig,

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did not say you are trying to rip people off but you ask in real engine builder he will agree with me nos is a cheap why to get power out of a bike it can not replace a built motor with nos if it is not used rite temp timing etc your motor is done

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
sanbullet said:
I did not say you are trying to rip people off but you ask in real engine builder he will agree with me nos is a cheap why to get power out of a bike it can not replace a built motor with nos if it is not used rite temp timing etc your motor is done
Hey Bro, you should quit, you are digging yourself in deeper. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts