Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you have the 770 that means you have a 12.1 comp I belive. How safe will the nitrous be for that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anyone know how the ecu works at the rev limiter?

I hope it does not pull fuel and keep spark :eek:. I wonder if a rpm limiter switch for Coil on plug ignition would work set up for single cylinder?

·
Registered
689 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
It will be ok if you run a small shot and go up in octain rating on your fuel
I've been wanting to put a bottle too, now let me ask you with the 734 12.1 comp what would be the best way to run the nitrous, in all the gears or just the at the end in 5th gear. Also what size of a shot. The nitrous shot stright in the cylinder or mist it threw the intake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh alright thx so wut size shot do u think i should use like 10hp boost or 15hp boost, etc. and what number octane should i be running since my bike is big bored to a 770

·
Registered
517 Posts
Giving ones own advice on Nitrous is a dangerous area, there are a tone of variables. I would definitely not run it in 5th, I think the load may get to high, second I would not spray in 1st two short of a gear.

My personal opinion would be 3k+ in second 2nd through the top of 4th.

Throw a fresh plug in with a bit of octane booster (changes color of the plug making reading it easier) & a Gal or two of 100 in a 5gal container of 91/92.

Start with the smallest shot and read the plug after each run or jet change. Also you may close up the plug gap a bit due to the increased cyl pressure of the HC piston and the n2o.

Also it may be a bit extreme for a quad, but you can even flow the fuel/nitrous to see if the ratio is correct. Bottle pressure plays a big role in wet kits. To get the most out of it you should keep the bottle pressure contestant to your jetting ratio. To little you run rich (but safer) to high you run lean and risk breaking.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Just a tip to you guys considering N2o for your 700R's I would seriousley consider a nitrous regulator to add to your kit. As Hallz mentioned bottle pressure is critical for consistent hits. The regulator is not mandatory but I highly reccomend it. If you have have the system dialed in for a full bottle and at around 800 PSI as the bottle pressure drops the Nitrous system will go rich and you will lose performance. Here's the regulator I'll be getting if I ever decide to install my NX system. A bottle warmer is also a good idea if your going to use it for drag racing and want good consistency.

http://www.psi-pro.com/psi_pro_pricing.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.