Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were is the best place to buy a nitrous kit...and dose anyone have o ne install yet i like to see some pic..thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bump.

Anyone with a PCIII doing a wet system?

Which system?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
talljess has NOS i think

·
Registered
575 Posts
how hard are they to hook up ? and how does the fuel adjust to the shot of NOS ?

·
Registered
902 Posts
The Nitrous Express system looks to have a fuel controller. Does this replace the PowerCommander? I don't want to replace the PCIII as I like this set-up.

Interested in details from those that have installed.

I did a search (Ya - Evll - Smart A$$ ;) ) This was the first thread that came up so thought I would add to it.
I did notice Teljess has a set-up. Looks like a traditional wet system? No interaction with the fuel injection?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
DEFINATELY read the Boss-NOS page... it looks just like a regular Dobeck genlll TFI to me. The best part of the page is at the bottom... it lays out the genlll TFI perfectly! :thumbsup:

I'm not going to speak on the system itself but I have been wanting a WET system for some time now... I will definately be watching this thread and ulimately start a new one when I finally do get it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
DuneMe said:
The Nitrous Express system looks to have a fuel controller. Does this replace the PowerCommander? I don't want to replace the PCIII as I like this set-up.

I did a search (Ya - Evll - Smart A$$ ;) ) This was the first thread that came up so thought I would add to it.
I did notice Teljess has a set-up. Looks like a traditional wet system? No interaction with the fuel injection?

The standard NX wet system for a single cylinder 4 stroke does not have a fuel controller, you inject additional fuel via a fuel pump plumbed from a second fitting you install in your gas tank and metered by flare jet size in your fogger nozzle. You can add a PSI N20 regulator to control bottle pressure for a consisten hit from the fist pass on a bottle till she's empty. IMHO a wet system is the only way to go on the 700R and the best place to install the fogger nozzle IMHO is to drill and tap into the left side of the cast in intake on the head as close to the valves as possible.

This system has been proven on the 700R and is very safe and relaible with a 25 HP shot. I have an NX system that one day I will install on my 780 when I feel the need for more power ;)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
So what system are you running and where did you get it? I wanna know cause I wanna buy one. :grin_nod:

Also... I've seen Talljess's set up and I think he went through the intake boot, Is this not as good/efficient as tapping the aluminum?

·
Registered
147 Posts
just reminder that nos is harder on your motor you will need to rebuild motor sooner then you would if you have a moded motor

·
Registered
686 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
DuneMe said:

The standard NX wet system for a single cylinder 4 stroke does not have a fuel controller, you inject additional fuel via a fuel pump plumbed from a second fitting you install in your gas tank and metered by flare jet size in your fogger nozzle. You can add a PSI N20 regulator to control bottle pressure for a consisten hit from the fist pass on a bottle till she's empty. IMHO a wet system is the only way to go on the 700R and the best place to install the fogger nozzle IMHO is to drill and tap into the left side of the cast in intake on the head as close to the valves as possible.

This system has been proven on the 700R and is very safe and relaible with a 25 HP shot. I have an NX system that one day I will install on my 780 when I feel the need for more power ;)

I have some experience with the wet systems. I use the PSI regulator, agianst NX's opinion, and it works pretty good. Before you buy the regulator call me and I'll tell you what I've learned. When your ready to install the kit let me know. I'll have mine dialed in on the Raptor by then. I have a nitrous tuner guy that is helping me.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
sanbullet said:
just reminder that nos is harder on your motor you will need to rebuild motor sooner then you would if you have a moded motor
sry mate.. but that is a BS statement... If you have a propper tuned motor with Nitrous.. It's not hard on the motor at all... (I'm sure someone can back me up on this)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I have some experience with the wet systems. I use the PSI regulator, agianst NX's opinion, and it works pretty good. Before you buy the regulator call me and I'll tell you what I've learned. When your ready to install the kit let me know. I'll have mine dialed in on the Raptor by then. I have a nitrous tuner guy that is helping me.
Right on, will do! Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have the Boss-Noss system. I did not install it, it was already done when I purchased the bike. It does use a Dobeck GENIII but is branded with a Boss-Noss emblem. It is a pressurized system and adds more fuel as you inject the NOS. Now for the downside. I have been vocal on here about the system not being bad for your motor but recently after some dyno tuning it has been determined by my local engine guy and myself that by using my NOS I have burned my rings a little. My hp is a little down when compared to similiarly equipped bikes. What I think is the guy I purchased the bike from used the NOS quite liberally and maybe fried the rings a little. So while I generally believe NOS is safe this is my experience.

Craig,

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
DuneMe said:

I think I'm on the same page here... I was posting under the imopression that I would NOT need a "special" NOS controller, just my regular dobeck would be fine. I'm assuming that you have to tune your fuel curves to compensate for the NOS as fuel...? I'd love to see some close up pics of peoples setups, including tank mounting and some tuning advise... basically tell us everything. :lol: :help: :grin_nod:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.