Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finaly got my raptor running good. I love the torq of this thing. But now i gota solve my front break issues iv rebuilt the master cylinder and still barley any pressure i have bled and bled these things over and over agin but still hardly no front breaks any ideas oh and when i do pull the break lever the left caliper moves a lot but everythig is tight. Thanks in advance guys.:confused:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Did you replace the brake lines? Weak rubber brake lines can expand under pressure and not let the pressure to the caliper. Idk if this is happening to yours or not. Hopefully you figure it out. What part of Ohio you located in?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you replace the brake lines? Weak rubber brake lines can expand under pressure and not let the pressure to the caliper. Idk if this is happening to yours or not. Hopefully you figure it out. What part of Ohio you located in?
Im in Brown county and no i didint replace the brake lines what do you think is causing the caliper to move the right one does a little but nothing like the left one.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Idk really I'd just inspect them really good see if you missed something the first few times looking at it. Hell it took me 2-1/2 months to get a TB to stay on. I'm also out of town working a lot. 30 days was on a west coast trip. So thats part of the reason for so long. Is the caliper froze up on one side? Are those new also and why did you rebuild master cylinder? Is it better since rebuilding and bleeding lines or the sameway as before? If the sameway I'd start with fresh lines as I've had bad brake lines on a truck cause calipers to lock up and I've had old lines flex under pressure and reduce braking power a lot almost like a bad master cylinder. If that don't fix replace the calipers then you've rebuilt entire fronts brakes other than rotor so your problem lies somewhere in here. Sorry I can't just point it out. Pay attention to them lines see if they're flexing/swelling during braking if so replace if replaced with stainless ones you'll never replace again and have a lot more braking power. Idk know about quads master cylinders but do they need bench bled before installing brake line like a cars?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know if it needs to be bench blead or not i gravity bledd it for a while then pump bled it idk im goin to have to check everything out and i rebuilt it cause it was leaking out of the plunger and ther is little to no difference. Price hill is not far away from wher i work cause i work in Newtown if you know wher that is.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Newton is about 20 miles away. Where do you usually ride at?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Pop the little dust cover off,in behind is a floating pin,you can remove it,clean it up good,put some die-electric gease,or caliper grease on the pin,make sure it can move freely.

Lower on the caliper,there is a rubber boot,clean the pin that comes out of that,and again,coat with grease.

Now with the pads off,squeeze the lever a couple times to make the piston come out a bit,not too much though,as will come out.Now clean around the piston good(I like to use the wifes green scrubbies she ues for dishes,LOL),coat the outside of the piston with a light coating of die-electric or caliper grease....use a pair of U vice grips and squeeze the piston back in all the way....squeeze out with lever..repeat a few times.....

Should be good....the pins will seize up over time,then the caliper cant slide...when the rear seizes up,it will actually bend the rotor....

If you need to replace any boots or pins,yamaha doesn't list them,but a suzuki ltz400 uses the same calipers,and can get the parts through them.

Try to add a caliper cleaning\servicing in with you're yearly once over,and should never have any more prob.

Later..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Sounds like dude just hooked you up with a fix for the calipers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks i will def give this a try. And i ride at big rock, sinking springs and i have rode at clay city once planing a trip at happy hollow soon just so i can get some time on my raptor cause iv just got it to wher its finaly abel to be ridin.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Thanks i will def give this a try. And i ride at big rock, sinking springs and i have rode at clay city once planing a trip at happy hollow soon just so i can get some time on my raptor cause iv just got it to wher its finaly abel to be ridin.
Hell yeah I've never been to sinking springs or clay city. Happy Hollow you ever been?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Not really I go big rock Haspin and a free spot near the house not all that but you can have fun and i dont have to drive 50-60 miles i just go there for a couple hours I went to happy hollow it's small the drag strip ends if you're in right lane you go to adult mx track if in left lane you go to kids mx track. If you like climbing hills to the left as you come up by dragstrip there's a 300' hill climb that's pretty darn steep.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Where's sinking springs? I may check out they got a link? Oneday bring your bike into work we can check the greedily out near the house for a couple hours after work when I'm home outta town working now. Get them brakes fixed? I'm at other extreme my throttle hanging at wide OPEC scary stuff when you got 80+hp on a modded 700

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sinking Springs is out near peebels. And i work 2 shift but we do need to meet up cause my riding buddies are getting thin. Right now its just me and one other buddie but another guy every once in a while. I havent ben riding long iv only ben out riding 3 times but do a lot of feild ridin stuff like that so im still learning.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah we can do that I ain't rode alot this year at all had to rebuild then had problems keeping TB mounted now throttle hanging at full throttle.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You get her fixed?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya I got them fixed just cleand everything up and they work good. But just went to big rock and snaped throttle cabel and who ever had the quad befor me jb welded th thumb throttle together and so i need one of them. But it was not running that great I think i need to run a open air box cause around the yard anddown the road it ran aswome but when we got to big rock i put the plug back on the bottom of the air box and it didint run as good. I put 150 L and 155 r with 25 piolets and it alredy had a k&n drop in filter and baffel taken out of the muffler. So i think i need to open up the air box im getting a slip on trinity this weekend and im goin to get them uni airbox vents hopefuly it runs good but idk. I gota fix my buddys quad first i rolld it at happy hollow saturday and it needs a steering stem and head light.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That sucks about rolling buddies and your throttle cable. I hate working on stuff people before me messed up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts