Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. My raptor won't idle w/o the choke on. When it does, it idles smooth but I can't turn it completely off or it dies. Also when you just tap the throttle, it dies out. You can hear it suck air through the intake but it's not getting fuel. The carbs have been off 3 times and cleaned each time. The strange thing is that one night it idled the same with the choke on but it reved up fine and was able to ride with no issues, just couldn't turn the choke off. The next morning, back to the way it was, couldn't rev at 1/8 throttle. If you just punch the throttle, it revs fine all the way to wot. I'm at a loss. Current set up is 165/170 mains, 27.5 pilot. 2.5/3 turns out. Full exhaust, and open intake box with k&n.
This set up has worked for 2 years but last year started bogging down while riding, so it's been parked until the last couple months that I've been trying to figure this out. Any Help?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has new gas in it with stabilizer. Before I let it sit for a year, I turned off the fuel and ran it until it shut off. I then dumped out the old fuel and made sure the filter is clean. I'm getting good fuel from the tank into the carbs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did you actually pull the pilot jet out and run a piece of wire through it making sure you can see light through it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No, I didn't run a piece of wire through it but I did look through it and sprayed carb cleaner through it. It seemed fine, but I'll take it off again and run wire through it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
No, I didn't run a piece of wire through it but I did look through it and it seemed fine, but I'll take it off again and run wire through it.
Did you remove the fuel screws, if not, take them out also and clean them and the passage they reside in. When you have the fuel screws out, make sure there is a very small tip on the end of each of them, if it is missing, it could be lodged in the carb throat where it meters the fuel. You would be able to see the tip of the needle stuck in the carb throat from the inside.
27 pilots are a rather large size unless you are extremely modded............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I did pull the fuel screws and sprayed the passages, but no I didn't check for a tip on the end of them. I also agree that 27.5 are big but it ran well with them. I have the 25s, I'll put it back in and see what it does.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yes, I did pull the fuel screws and sprayed the passages, but no I didn't check for a tip on the end of them. I also agree that 27.5 are big but it ran well with them. I have the 25s, I'll put it back in and see what it does.
Check that the tip isnt stuck in the carb throat.............:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.