Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“06 raptor 700r”
Im not getting injector pulse, I’m getting battery voltage at the injection just not getting the ground trigger signal. Also hooked up a noid light and it’s not showing anything. If i put ground to it it will turn on. I set the tps to .69 V and i made sure the fuel rail plug and the tps plugs weren’t switched. Runs great if you put gas in the throttle body. Originally it had the chain fall off and crack the crank case, i took everything apart then ended up going to college for a year, now im finally getting it put back together. It ran fine before that happened, sorry for the long post, im just stumped. Im leaning towards the ecu being bad but I wanted to ask here before going that route. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,442 Posts
“06 raptor 700r”
Im not getting injector pulse, I’m getting battery voltage at the injection just not getting the ground trigger signal. Also hooked up a noid light and it’s not showing anything. If i put ground to it it will turn on. I set the tps to .69 V and i made sure the fuel rail plug and the tps plugs weren’t switched. Runs great if you put gas in the throttle body. Originally it had the chain fall off and crack the crank case, i took everything apart then ended up going to college for a year, now im finally getting it put back together. It ran fine before that happened, sorry for the long post, im just stumped. Im leaning towards the ecu being bad but I wanted to ask here before going that route. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
The ECU's don't go bad often. You nay have some dirty or corroded connections.
It's possible that the injector is plugged from old gas and telling the ECU it's already has pressure. Pull the injector and trigger it to pulse and see if it will spray.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i power the injector it works, everything else is working fine as far as I know. I’ll go through and make sure everything has a good connection this afternoon though. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What triggers the injector signal? Im an automotive technician and usually cars go by the cam signal for that. I’ve worked on carbureted 4 wheelers for years but im newer to fuel injected ones.

·
10,442 Posts
What triggers the injector signal? Im an automotive technician and usually cars go by the cam signal for that. I’ve worked on carbureted 4 wheelers for years but im newer to fuel injected ones.
IDK. Have you checked your manual for troubleshooting and wiring diagram? Trace the injector wire (color) to the beginning (trigger source).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It comes from the ecu, I’ve been studying the wires/wiring diagram all week and I feel like it’s something simple and im just thinking too much into it and missing something dumb.

·
10,442 Posts
Disconnect the ecu and look at the pins for corrosion and look at the connector for recessed connectors. Add some dielectric.

·
10,442 Posts
Do a continuity test between the ecu and injector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had 0 resistance between the two. I’ll post again after cleaning all connections and dielectric grease everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleaned everything except the kill switch and ignition switch, still nothing, would a bad speed sensor cause any problems? I accidentally broke the original and put a new one in while rebuilding, wondering if it’s faulty.

·
10,442 Posts
Cleaned everything except the kill switch and ignition switch, still nothing, would a bad speed sensor cause any problems? I accidentally broke the original and put a new one in while rebuilding, wondering if it’s faulty.
Maybe, you can test it. Put the old one back in. Even broken I've seen them still work.

·
10,442 Posts
It does spray fuel btw.
NOTE;
Does the fuel pump prime? If not.... There are 2 identical connectors, different color wires, that could be crossed. One is on the injector and I forget the other but it's close by. Who else watching knows which one it is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it does prime.
The intake air pressure sensor and the throttle position sensor are the ones that can be switched and they are in the right spot.

·
10,442 Posts
Yes it does prime.
The intake air pressure sensor and the throttle position sensor are the ones that can be switched and they are in the right spot.
Have you tested the speed sensor?
Is it narrowed down to the ECU? If you buy from ebay be sure it's a early model. IIRC it was '14 when then changed from 16 bit to 32 bit controller.

·
10,442 Posts
Well nothing has changed with the new ecu 😞. Time to triple check everything ...
What's your battery voltage?
Did you test your newspeed controller?
Anyone else you ride with have a 700?
What part of the country do you live in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts