Raptor Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,566 Posts
Also it’s throwing code 13 and 46. Going to keep checking wires and continuity...
Trickle/float charge your battery to around 13.5 volts for a few days. Even a new battery should be charged.

Try with the speed controller unplugged. You never know, it could be shorted.

I don't have my book handy, what are codes #13 and #46?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
  • 13 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
  • 46 Vehicle system power supply (monitoring voltage)

·
10,566 Posts
#13, have you tested this. I have some spares I could send you, just pay shipping.

#46, I just covered low battery voltage, ironic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No I haven’t yet, it’s hard to find time to test everything because i work 7 days a week plus side jobs. I’ll let you know once i test it, thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good morning, so I ended up buying a manual and testing literally everything. Everything was within spec so i started checking wires and everything seemed fine. Just for the heck of it I decided to bend the trigger wire connection and bam, the noid light lit up, so i hooked everything back up and it started right up. I guess my voltage meter was getting a good connection but the prong for the ecu wasn’t. thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New problem, it’s extremely hard to shift into second and so on.... i knew I should have replaced the shift forks while i was in there uuuuggh...

·
10,566 Posts
Disconnect the ecu and look at the pins for corrosion and look at the connector for recessed connectors. Add some dielectric.
I was close with a recessed connector pin. But how did it get that way before it quit running?
Glad you got it figured out, have you pulled most of your hair out? Thanks for the update, it helps us all.

·
10,566 Posts
1, Loosen the clutch cable.
2, Check for free play at the clutch case lever. No free play the clutch is bad
3, If there is free play, adjust the clutch cable at the perch for about 1/8in free play.
4, If that doesn't work, pull the side cover on the opposite of the shift lever. Check that the end of the shift lever is aligned/installed properly between the spring tangs and rotator in the slot. ( I hope you understand that??)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
1, Loosen the clutch cable.
2, Check for free play at the clutch case lever. No free play the clutch is bad
3, If there is free play, adjust the clutch cable at the perch for about 1/8in free play.
4, If that doesn't work, pull the side cover on the opposite of the shift lever. Check that the end of the shift lever is aligned/installed properly between the spring tangs and rotator in the slot. ( I hope you understand that??)
Yeah, I understand.
I replaced the shift shaft, when the case got broke it got bent. I’ll double check it before splitting the cases again, thanks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts